• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I've done a league like this in the past, but two things really turned me off about it...

1) it had weekly transactions fees. If you wanted to grab a free agent, or make a bench to starter move, then you had to pay a small fee. Those damn fees really added up. Looks like the rookie challenge game has free transactions? That's a huge plus....

2) by the end of the year the rosters loom very similar. It basically turns into your Albert Puljols versus their Miguel Cabrera because the rest of the rosters are the same.

I might give it a try though, because salary cap is a nice change.....are you in the rookie or gold league?

ETA: My experience has been that when you get to the homestretch, the teams in contention for the top five places in the league will have roughly half of the 28-man lineup the same and half will be different....and that's a significant number of different players. Budget restraints and a larger lineup generally prevent the situation you mentioned earlier. And teams don't all carry the same position allocation of players on their 40-man roster. For example, you will see teams carrying anywhere from 10 to 13 starting pitchers, in most cases. I prefer the high side, since pitching accounts for 50% of your score and it is so important to get as many 2-start pitchers in your lineup each week as possible....but some teams will only have 10.

Right, so you load up on #1 and #3 starters so that you have a bunch of guys starting twice in each scoring period...... Ha, this type of game is starting to come back to me now.

Dammit Bob, where'd you go?

I wish the Silver package was roto scoring. Have you played the points based games? The gold is just significantly higher price wise than the silver......might have to stick to the rookie.

One thing i remember from the game I played which was similar is it was fairly easy to get the guys you wanted, but fantrax has some tough salary prices. You really need to find diamonds in the rough.

First diamond - Cory Leubke!

Phan bat signal
RSF bat signal

We need more diamonds in the rough haha......who's busting out this year??

If you want the opportunity to get any player just do an auction draft.

For some reason the fact that BKF plays this cracks me up. I can't quite place a finger on why, it just doesn't strike me as something he would enjoy.

Bob, has anyone else expressed interest? I'm wondering if we should talk strategy on this thread, or just use that other one you were talking about.....i pretty much have a starting lineup set. I wish gold wasnt so expensive at this point.....

It would be fun to see any of the stats guys develop a team. I will try and get to that thread tonight...

Alright Bobbo.......I'm in.....league 6......I'll be expecting my 40 bucks by the end of the season!

For some reason the fact that BKF plays this cracks me up. I can't quite place a finger on why, it just doesn't strike me as something he would enjoy.

Put in a team numbers.......steal some of Bobbos hard earned money.

I don't know enough about the MLB to do something like this but it does look cool. I also don't have any money.

BOBKNIGHTFAN HAS A SOUL!

I actually do have 40 bucks to spare on this now that I think about it because of intramural cash that I still haven't gotten from last month so I think I might jump in on this. When's the deadline for this?

When I try to sign up for the game it says "You are not authorized to view this function". Do I need to add money to the account first?

I tried like three times so I just sent them a message asking what the deal was. I'll try to log on later if I can't get it now.

I'm in and working on getting my team in now. 30 mil cap is stiff.

Last edited:
My team is in. I don't know if I did well or not, but came in just under the 30 mil cap. I went with 7 backup starting pitchers figuring they would come in handy based on who was starting when. Gotta get my roster right for the opening week starters.

What league #, what's your team name, and have you checked out that Yahoo thread yet?

ETA: And welcome! I think you will really enjoy the experience.

(And still some time left for anyone else....but it's getting short. 6 PM today deadline for entering.)

League 2 - The Untouchables

I glanced through the thread, I'm feeling okay about my team for sure though. I'll do some thread reading between classes today and maybe post my roster when I get the chance.

I was the only player in the entire challenge to take and start Victorino so I got 120 points from him stealing a base when no one else had one that was starting.

Bump.

Numbers, you playing again? I know Bobbo is in....

Anybody else?? I kinda like the salary cap format now....

Back