• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I always played 1 to 2 years above my age level. Do they not do that anymore siff?

I always played 1 to 2 years above my age level. Do they not do that anymore siff?

My daughter always played two years up. They stopped that this year around here. Now she's bored to death. She not growing because she's not being challenged.

Reactions: ONW
Jozy terrible? I strongly disagree with that and I've been down on Jozy for quite some time now. His hold up play/distribution was excellent and if he had anyone of use up front he would have bagged 2 assists.

Agree that Zardes was crap.

FWIW, I haven't read too much after the match, but Sciaretta and ESPN both had Jozy as their MOTM

A lot of times people just rate players based on how it fits their agenda and not what actually happened. Anyone who watched that game and thought Jozy was poor is either a liar or doesn't know what they are talking about. No, it wasn't a transcendent show or anything, but there's zero question that he was the best and most effective of our front six at the very least.

A lot of times people just rate players based on how it fits their agenda and not what actually happened. Anyone who watched that game and thought Jozy was poor is either a liar or doesn't know what they are talking about. No, it wasn't a transcendent show or anything, but there's zero question that he was the best and most effective of our front six at the very least.

Anyone who watched that game and doesn't think that Jozy has the first touch of a brick wall is crazy. Not one of his worst games, but not good.

ONW, I'm not sure how old you are, but there really is no reason these days - unless you really are a footballing prodigy - to play up. The young kids have the academy program that groups the best players with the best players, and puts them in a competitive environment (with more of an emphasis on training over competitive, win or lose games) against other clubs' best players. Sure, there was a time when this was the only way of challenging a kid, but that's just not the case anymore.

...and I guess that was aimed at me? I have no agenda. No one loves Jozy more than me. However, he's just not become a better player. He just hasn't.

I pulled up kids from my U12 team to my U14 team this season because numbers necessitated I do so (games where only 10 or 11 were healthy to play). And I did so after asking my DOC if that was allowed. Even got the kids new player cards and on the official state roster.

So basically, there is no rule against it.

I pulled up kids from my U12 team to my U14 team this season because numbers necessitated I do so (games where only 10 or 11 were healthy to play). And I did so after asking my DOC if that was allowed. Even got the kids new player cards and on the official state roster.

It's absolutely allowed.

CULmzC4WsAA_orh.png:large

Copa America 2016 venues:

The host metropolitan areas and respective stadiums are: Boston (Gillette Stadium), Chicago (Soldier Field), Houston (NRG Stadium), Los Angeles (Rose Bowl), New York (MetLife Stadium), Orlando (Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium), Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field), Phoenix (University of Phoenix Stadium), San Francisco (Levi’s Stadium) and Seattle (CenturyLink Field). Similar to the FIFA World Cup, each venue will host matches on multiple days through the tournament. Most venues will host at least three games.

ONW, I'm not sure how old you are, but there really is no reason these days - unless you really are a footballing prodigy - to play up. The young kids have the academy program that groups the best players with the best players, and puts them in a competitive environment (with more of an emphasis on training over competitive, win or lose games) against other clubs' best players. Sure, there was a time when this was the only way of challenging a kid, but that's just not the case anymore.

Interesting Thanks

For me, that was the period other kids hit puberty and could out athlete me, so I had to learn the little things until my balls dropped.

No talk of 16 FIFA members being arrested this morning in Switzerland? I mean, yeah, not surprising. But the head of CONCACAF and CONMEBOL being 2 of them is pretty big news I think.

No talk of 16 FIFA members being arrested this morning in Switzerland? I mean, yeah, not surprising. But the head of CONCACAF and CONMEBOL being 2 of them is pretty big news I think.

FIFA is corrupt. In other news, the sun rose in the east today and water remains wet.

Back