• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

So I'm assuming these are shit squads considering it isn't an international break and not in MLS season?

So I'm assuming these are shit squads considering it isn't an international break and not in MLS season?

With Bradley, Jones, Besler, etc. playing in MLS, it's not that watered down.

With Bradley, Jones, Besler, etc. playing in MLS, it's not that watered down.

That's kind of what I meant tho, I don't think MLS sides would be too enthusiastic about releasing their players during preseason when it isn't an international date.

Of course, I still haven't looked at the call ups for the match tonight, so the likelihood that I tune in is fairly low.

That's kind of what I meant tho, I don't think MLS sides would be too enthusiastic about releasing their players during preseason when it isn't an international date.

Of course, I still haven't looked at the call ups for the match tonight, so the likelihood that I tune in is fairly low.

It's still far from a preferred lineup. The carrot for watching is to see some of the youngsters, but who knows how much time they'll get. With the late start and an opponent that always leads to boring games, it's hard to blame anyone for taking a pass on this one.

If I do tune in next hour... which players are the promising youngsters? That actually does pique my interest...

How the fuck is Jermaine Jones still in the USMNT picture? That's amazing.

How the fuck is Jermaine Jones still in the USMNT picture? That's amazing.

And he's playing center back?!!?!? That isn't just amazing. That's insane.

Jurgen is clearly the guy that thinks he is smarter than everyone else.

our GK comes off his line a little too liberally for me

Canada's GK is not good and will have at least one clanger tonight (assuming he plays the full 90)

JOZY!

What a ball by this Ethan Finley dude. Just got subbed on minutes ago.

Pulisic started today for Dortmund against Leverkusen. Got taken off at the half for Reus, but pretty damn impressive for a 17 year old American. Any chance Klinsmann calls him up next international window?

Let him fix into the Olympic qualifiers for March. He's not beating out Bradley, Bedoya, Fab, etc for minutes anyway yet

We draw Costa Rica and Paraguay in group A of the Copa America. One more pot to go.

Fuck. I guess we're happy we didn't get Chile, but damn.

How does Mexico skate w an easy group every competition?

Back