• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

That was a D-E man U-20 roster, FWIW. Literally never heard of a single kid on that roster except for Klinsmann. But yeah, still a bad loss.

CQpcKHrU8AAcPf9.png

I like that Landon never misses a chance to take a shot at jurgen

Hey Dude is a fucking legend

I remember watching Benny's golazo in my dumpy summer on-campus apt and losing my shit.

@Grantland33: Schoolboy: Why rising USMNT striker Jordan Morris chose college soccer at Stanford over the pros, by @jordanconn gran.tl/1MbN3rQ

U-23s took care of business against Panama, 4-0. Won their group as they should have. They'll add to Saturday's soccer festivities with a semifinal game at 3pm. Winner goes to Olympics. Loser would have to win consolation game and then win a playoff game with Columbia in Rio next march.

Highlights from Panama match here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=103&v=IqJekHOh1pU

Kiesewetter has been impressive this tourney.

Thanks for that Storm -- esp since Fox I believe has been advertising 8. Saved me much Lalas

So ... Austria is good. Not like sort of good, like ... GOOD. Just went down to Montenegro for a must win match for Montenegro and with nothing on the line for Austria (already qualified for Euros with 2 matches to spare) and won in stoppage time 3-2. Very, very impressive.

Double game day! 23s can qualify for the Olympics with a win over Honduras at 3 on Telemundo (I think).

Back