• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Kinda like how you can't give the ball away at the end of the game against Portugal in the World Cup.

Until we fix our broken pay-for-play developmental system, the US is never going to be an elite world soccer power.

Dempsey's basically flat footed when we don't have the ball,

Official US Soccer / 2016 Copa America Thread (Group A: USA v Colombia FRIDAY 9:30pm)

Until we fix our broken pay-for-play developmental system, the US is never going to be an elite world soccer power.

Oh shut the fuck up

Way to show up in this moment

Hopefully our development system teaches set pieces and how to score undeserved PKs

God y'all are some fucking losers

Oh shut the fuck up

Hopefully our development system teaches set pieces and how to score undeserved PKs

I'm with you on this. We didn't play poorly in the first half, other than Cameron failing to cover his guy on a corner.

This second half looks like one of those UEFA qualifiers where a England plays at Andorra or some shitty little country like that.

Was "having fun" earlier. Now officially back to "not having fun."

Oh shut the fuck up

Dude, sorry this struck a chord. I was talking more about an endemic problem with US soccer as a whole than one game, something that's been reflected for the past 20 years. Honestly, if you've ever seen our developmental system at work, you would understand why we struggle in comparison to other countries. But, by all means, if it makes you feel any better, release all that pent up frustration on me, big guy. It upsets me too.

Jones off instead of Bedoya. He and Bradley have been pretty equal in their miserable distribution.

Dude, sorry this struck a chord. I was talking more about an endemic problem with US soccer as a whole than one game, something that's been reflected for the past 20 years. Honestly, if you've ever seen our developmental system at work, you would understand why we struggle in comparison to other countries. But, by all means, if it makes you feel any better, release all that pent up frustration on me, big guy. It upsets me too.

Clubs are shifting away from pay-for-play, btw. It's slow, but it is happening. I hope you support your local area clubs' fund raisers to support these efforts for getting "scholarships" for underprivileged kids to play at higher levels for free/reduced cost.

also, Edwin Cardona can fucking play. Dude could be earning himself a chance in Europe this tournament.

Back