• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

They broke us down plenty. They just sucked at finishing.

There is a reason everyone is praising Timmy Howard right now. And that reason isn't how Klinsmann set up the team. Or adjusted the team. It has fuck all to do with Jurgen Klinsmann in fact.

Thank Christ for Timmy Howard. Top 10 GK in the world.

They broke us down plenty. They just sucked at finishing.

There is a reason everyone is praising Timmy Howard right now. And that reason isn't how Klinsmann set up the team. Or adjusted the team. It has fuck all to do with Jurgen Klinsmann in fact.

Thank Christ for Timmy Howard. Top 10 GK in the world.

When did they break our starting XI down in the first half? I don't even remember Timmy having to make a save before halftime. Did they even have a shot in the box?

I think Guardado had a couple. Timmy also punched clear a few crosses destined for Mexican heads.

I'm astonished that after watching that match you can't admit that Mexico outplayed us. We still won. That's what matters. But we got fucking outplayed. It isn't even debatable for anybody that understands football and watched that match.

They had 19 shots. We had 7.
They had the ball 2/3 of the time! TWO-THIRDS!

I think Guardado had a couple. Timmy also punched clear a few crosses destined for Mexican heads.

I'm astonished that after watching that match you can't admit that Mexico outplayed us. We still won. That's what matters. But we got fucking outplayed. It isn't even debatable for anybody that understands football and watched that match.

They had 19 shots. We had 7.
They had the ball 2/3 of the time! TWO-THIRDS!

Whoa where did I say that we outplayed them or we were the better side? I never said anything like that. I said Jurgen did everything necessary for us to win and that is a fact. He threw out a heavily defensive starting XI and absorbed the pressure for 45 minutes. Mexico couldn't break it down and we made them pay for it.

Whoa where did I say that we outplayed them or we were the better side? I never said anything like that. I said Jurgen did everything necessary for us to win and that is a fact. He threw out a heavily defensive starting XI and absorbed the pressure for 45 minutes. Mexico couldn't break it down and we made them pay for it.

So you will now suck Jurgen's cock like you sucked Bob's cock? Got it.

His starting XI wasn't "negative" by any stretch, by the way, with two defensive midfielders as the CBs and two more offensive minded CMs in there as well.

You know why our starting XI looked like it was set out to defend at all costs? BECAUSE WE GOT OVERRUN IN THE MIDFIELD SINCE OUR MANAGER PUT SHIT OUT THERE TO GET OVERRUN.

Torres, Jones and Weederman got owned beyond belief. And you are trying to turn them getting owned into some tactical masterclass by Klinsmann with him setting us up to get bitched and praying that Mexico wouldn't properly finish.

Astonishing.

Was gonna watch later tonight but my gf accidentally spoiled the score. Sounds like it's not really worth watching in full, glad we got the win though

Giving Klinsmann any credit beyond, "well, he subbed on Shea and Boyd when it was obvious that they were needed in a friendly" is praise too far.

Watching the game now, so I can't speak much to what actually happened, but let's be real, this means nothing if we don't get at least 4 points off Jamaica next month.

His starting XI wasn't "negative" by any stretch, by the way, with two defensive midfielders as the CBs and two more offensive minded CMs in there as well.

You know why our starting XI looked like it was set out to defend at all costs? BECAUSE WE GOT OVERRUN IN THE MIDFIELD SINCE OUR MANAGER PUT SHIT OUT THERE TO GET OVERRUN.

Torres, Jones and Weederman got owned beyond belief. And you are trying to turn them getting owned into some tactical masterclass by Klinsmann with him setting us up to get bitched and praying that Mexico wouldn't properly finish.

Astonishing.

I'm sucking Jurgens cock? I gave him credit tonight where it was deserved. I just gave him A "C- rating" for his first year as coach for christs sake. That sure is slobbing his knob though right?

And since you think his Starting XI was such a poor decision, who would you have trotted out there?

I love the DV7 is doing everything he can to claim that Mexico was the dominant team. We played exactly as you do against a strong side in an away match. We played the game tight in the back and kept everything ahead of us. First half the only chance I remember was a no call when Gomez was pulled down in the box. Mexico had a few good looks in the 2nd, but Howard made saves. We scored. Fuck Mexico. Fuck all these asshats saying that Mexico is far superior to the US. Fuck all the assclowns who think Chicharito is a top notch striker. And fuck all the douchebags in the media who thought we lose by 3 goals. USA vs. Mexico is not a friendly, ever. Take a look a Beasley after the match. We just beat Mexico in Azteca Stadium without Dempsey, Bradley, Altidore, Cherundolo, and Bocanegra. On top of that Donovan might have well as not shown up with the shit he played.

USA>Mexico

Sorry. Take your U-whatever titles and shove them up your ass.

Looks like Klins doesn't GAF about winning the Mexico friendly.

Downgrading my prediction to 4-0 Mexico

If we keep it within 3 goals then that is a positive "result" for this squad. And I'm dead serious in saying that.

Sweet jeebus this will be an ass raping.

He just isn't very good at his job.

It sucks, but we are Ireland to their Spain right about now. I'm pissed about the pitiful state our men's team is in, and I don't see it improving anytime soon.

Terrance Boyd said:
@TBoyd91: Time to write some history tonight #USA #usavsmex

At least the guy playing for the US had a clue.

Though in fairness, I have to give an apology to Orozco-Fiscal, who I called miserable. He may not have done anything other than be in the right place at the right time, but he made history. Scoring the game winner in Azteca cements him as at least a historical character in US Soccer history, one I will remember every time we play.

Huge, huge win for the psyche of the USMNT.

Which is why I don't understand why Mexico agreed to play a meaningless friendly against the US in Azteca. They have jealously guarded the mystique of that stadium, only playing the US there when they had to and making it a wither combination of altitude, and a cauldron of hate and suffocating pressure (which is why the US has only played 25 matches total in Mexico in 75 years). Letting the US play a weakened squad in front of a bunch of empty seats in a match that meant nothing? They were just asking to have the illusion burst.

It makes no sense to me, though I'll bite their hand off to take it.

We were outplayed, but to my untrained eye, that was 1 of the better defensive efforts we've had in recent memory. Toward the end, I was pretty darned happy we were look at a nil/nil tie, and then Shea made a nice move and that back heel pass was sweet. And Howard was fantastic. And funny to hear Ian Darke say, "Up next, little league softball."

@shinguardian: This morn: Opta tells me that RSL's Beckerman was 25 of 30 passing. 4 of 5 missed passes fwd attempts, BUT 28 of 30 fwd attempts. Snikeys!

Coach Jurgen Klinsmann: For the second time this year Klinsmann delivered a historic victory to the U.S. soccer program. The 1-0 victory over Italy in February was impressive, but Wednesday’s win in Estadio Azteca against a high-flying Mexico squad was better. Despite not having many of his best players, Klinsmann deployed a defense-first 4-4-2 alignment that simultaneously frustrated the Mexican team and kept the Americans in the contest. Klinsmann’s roster choices – including putting Shea on the squad, taking Torres off at intermission, putting Edu at center back – all worked well and contributed to the victory. Most important, as the game wore on the American players seemed to take on the personality of their coach. They became increasingly confident, positive and ruthless. And in the crucial moment they did something Mexico could not: they took their chance, scored and won. Klinsmann deserves all the credit in the world: Rating: 10

Something something something sucking Jurgens cock something something something

:rolleyes:

How else was he supposed to play this match, given what he had?

Please try and take away from this result...

Was the US outplayed? Sure. Does the scoreline stand? Of course.

End of.

Back