• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Wish I could tell what they're drinking in the top one.

That bottom pic is the tits.

I love the DV7 is doing everything he can to claim that Mexico was the dominant team. We played exactly as you do against a strong side in an away match. We played the game tight in the back and kept everything ahead of us. First half the only chance I remember was a no call when Gomez was pulled down in the box. Mexico had a few good looks in the 2nd, but Howard made saves. We scored. Fuck Mexico. Fuck all these asshats saying that Mexico is far superior to the US. Fuck all the assclowns who think Chicharito is a top notch striker. And fuck all the douchebags in the media who thought we lose by 3 goals. USA vs. Mexico is not a friendly, ever. Take a look a Beasley after the match. We just beat Mexico in Azteca Stadium without Dempsey, Bradley, Altidore, Cherundolo, and Bocanegra. On top of that Donovan might have well as not shown up with the shit he played.

USA>Mexico

Sorry. Take your U-whatever titles and shove them up your ass.

Big time pos fucking rep

I was asked today if I was Canadian. Fucking English. I'm from 'Murica, thank you. Home of the slayers of El Tri.

That post by Husky is great on so many levels. And it's never felt so great to be wrong, I truly believed we would lose 2/3-0. Can't wait for September 7th to get here so we can red stripe some Jamaicans and can't wait to be in Columbus Ohio on September 11th!

That post by Husky is great on so many levels. And it's never felt so great to be wrong, I truly believed we would lose 2/3-0. Can't wait for September 7th to get here so we can red stripe some Jamaicans and can't wait to be in Columbus Ohio on September 11th!

Brilliant! My pops will be there. Look for a drunk, mustachioed man. You can't miss him.

MEXICO CITY -- On the night the U.S. made history, goalkeeper Tim Howard walked slowly up the tunnel of the Estadio Azteca, one of the most famous stadiums in sports and a house of horrors for U.S. Soccer from the time it was built more than 40 years ago.

As he moved forward, Howard passed by all the signs that have been posted on the tunnel walls, one per country, showing the all-time records of Mexico against its international opponents.

Howard was headed toward the U.S. bus, but he decided to stop at the sign bearing the Stars and Stripes flag, "Estados Unidos," and a string of misery in the form of U.S. results here over the decades. U.S. kit man Jesse Bignami pulled out his cell phone and snapped a picture of Howard in a triumphant pose next to an artifact that was no longer accurate.

"Time to change the sign," Howard said, wearing a proud smile. "Time to change the sign"

Here's the beauty of what happened last night, and frankly I didn't appreciate it enough until today. Klinsmann took a clearly overmatched side into Azteca with his eyes open, and had a very well thought out plan for what he wanted to accomplish. I was like most of you watching, terribly upset that we couldn't get the ball, keep the ball, or even challenge Mexico. But here's the truth, did any of us watch the game like JK did? Did anybody notice that aside from the physical challenge of playing in Azteca, and the mental challenge of knowing you were supposed to lose, that our players NEVER panicked. They made mistakes, sure. Chicharito gave us some life with his sloppy finishing....we got it. We weren't prettier. But don't think for one minute that this result doesn't matter to Mexico....Someone smarter than me said in the news today that Mexico wouldn't have scheduled this game if they didn't expect to win, no matter who played for the US. Truer words never spoken. Klinsmann had no idea that we would or could win, but he wasn't going to coach his team like that. He told 'em to go play, and believe. He wanted to find out if guys like Cameron, Edu, Torres and others could contribute...he learned something. It doesn't matter what DV7 claims....the result is important for us and for mexico RIGHT NOW.

I'm thrilled with the win and hope it breaks the curse there but Dayum I wish it had at least been full for us finally ending it. Send home 100,000 sad Mexicans instead of 50,000

Wait... you're saying Herc Gomez bought some of the shares in the United IPO? THAT BASTARD!

There it is, Jozy scores again in stoppage time. 4 goals on the season, 2 games in.

Jozy is just slinging his dick around in Holland

2oho.gif

Back