• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Nah I couldn't get out of classes today, wish I could be there. Ive heard rumor of big numbers tonight though, and i know my boys will represent well there. Everyone will be on the 2nd floor starting around 6:45

Cool. Well I think I'm gonna roll up there solo, so I guess I'll be forced to introduce myself to everyone.

Cool. Well I think I'm gonna roll up there solo, so I guess I'll be forced to introduce myself to everyone.

Look for this guy, he's sort of in charge I guess. I'm sure he will be wearing the WW2 coat and scarf, doubt he rocks the hat.

581376_10152114203100534_1213257776_n.jpg

Well well well. Germany and Spain to the playoffs??????? If they lose in Sweden or France respectively that's probably going to happen.

And FIFA will promptly seed said playoffs

Is that dude on the left the guy I met at F&H with you one day watching a United match?

Negative. The guy youre thinking of is named Christian, hes a United supporter. The guy in that picture is a friend of my younger brother, he's just now getting into soccer.

The guy in the WW2 gear is the owner of the house where we watched the Slovenia WC match.

Last edited:
Must be said, Germany drew 3-3 with Finland in 2010 qualifying, went to Russia with some pressure on them and won 1-0. But that Sweden game on the final day should be very, very interesting

Well well well. Germany and Spain to the playoffs??????? If they lose in Sweden or France respectively that's probably going to happen.

And FIFA will promptly seed said playoffs

Are you implying that they are a corrupt organization that plays favorites? Inconceivable!

Northern Ireland getting anything from this Portugal match (currently up 1-0 in the 2nd half in Portugal) would be an amazing result for Russia.

Must be said, Germany drew 3-3 with Finland in 2010 qualifying, went to Russia with some pressure on them and won 1-0. But that Sweden game on the final day should be very, very interesting

So in EURO qualifying there are 8 groups of 4 and the winner of each group advances, 2nd place plays a play in match vs another 2nd place and 4 of them advance, 12 total?

So much for Canada pulling a Sweden. 5-0. Doing well at the Olympics seems to have galvanized Honduras.

Meanwhile sucking at the Olys seems to have fucked up Uruguay. Down 2-0 in Bolivia. They're starting to be in trouble re: qualifying

Yeah, but that Russia team was playing with two hands firmly around their throat - as they would further prove with the hideous home performance against Slovenia in the playoffs.

Reggie-Choke.jpg

So in EURO qualifying there are 8 groups of 4 and the winner of each group advances, 2nd place plays a play in match vs another 2nd place and 4 of them advance, 12 total?

Yeah you have the basic idea right. There are actually 9 groups of 7 (some have 6), so the worst second-place team doesn't make the playoffs, but otherwise it's the 9 group winners and then the 4 playoff winners

Back