• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

@GrantWahl: Honduras coach named WCQ starters: Valladares; Peralta, Bernárdez, Figueroa, García; Boniek, Espinoza, Garrido, Martínez; Bengtson, Costly.

Are you assuming Boca doesn't start, or that Boca is no longer the guy even if he does start?

Holy shit! I just realized that the World Cup is NEXT YEAR.

That's awesome.

Fox chooses Gus Johnson to lead the 2018 World Cup announcing team.

Thankfully, he's been playing pickup games in West Manhattan so he can "learn the game" by then.

I read that he does play-by-play for the SJ Earthquakes. So at least he has done footy announcing before.

"In 2012, Johnson served as a radio play-by-play announcer of Major League Soccer's San Jose Earthquakes, working a few of the team's away games on radio."

Are you assuming Boca doesn't start, or that Boca is no longer the guy even if he does start?

I'll be a sucker and hedge my bet by saying either he starts with it, or Boca doesn't go 90 and he gets it by substitution. I almost want to say he starts with it though. It's time.

Holy shit! I just realized that the World Cup is NEXT YEAR.

That's awesome.

Accepted a new job offer yesterday morning, had to drop to the new boss I already had a down payment on the trip to Brazil. He took it well, IMO. Said it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, over a year out? It better not be a problem, or your boss is a complete prick.

Congrats on the new job!

Is that based off an old retro shirt as well? Seems like the designs continue to look straight out of the 30's, 40's, and 50's.

Considering our designs in the 80s and 90s, that's not such a bad idea.

Sweet. I have a test I need to study for that day, but I'll try to get campus early so that I can crush through it and meet y'all at 4.

Change of plans Brasky, we're moving tomorrows game watching to Benders Tavern (4517 W Market St Greensboro, NC 27407). We've heard that they are much more soccer specific than NGs and there is already an established group of fans that watch matches there. We're gonna give it a go, hope you can still make it.

Wow, Honduras's field actually looks like it's in good condition.

BCX4vwrCcAAd4kK.jpg:large

Change of plans Brasky, we're moving tomorrows game watching to Benders Tavern (4517 W Market St Greensboro, NC 27407). We've heard that they are much more soccer specific than NGs and there is already an established group of fans that watch matches there. We're gonna give it a go, hope you can still make it.

Sounds good to me man. I'll meet you guys up there at 4.

isn't honduras the one that kind of likes us, even before we sent them to the world cup?

Back