• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Upon review, he makes the save and then has the composure/ability to clear it with his feet. Amazing

I'll be much happier if Chicharito beats Howard on Monday than if he would have beaten him today.

Just the beginning of a 180... err... 95 minute duel between the two.

Friendlies don't mean shit. (snicker).

GTHMGTH.

If you could have picked two USMNT players to.(re)emerge tonight, it probably would have been Cameron and Shea. And they did. There was a lot of crap out there tonight, but we need guys at those positions.

Last edited:
This was beautiful.

Howard gets the game ball, or Cameron.

Most I've cared about a friendly...ever?

Jurgen was a C for me going into tonight. It's going to take a LOT for me to knock him off the A line now though. Friendly, whatever - beating Mexico in Azteca was a goddamn anchor on USA Soccer and it's gone. That's fucking huge.

JK deserves a TON of credit. Change takes time. Mistakes will happen. He took our scrubs to Azteca and made a miracle. That doesn't happen unless the players understand and believe in the vision. Soccer is often about luck. But as Klinsmann just said "we had a plan". His plan was to find Cameron. Done. His plan was to steal the game. Done. His plan was to chase away the fears of these players. Done.

He's right that we still have alot of work to do. Even with our best 11 it's questionable whether we're a better team than Mexico right now.....but could we be better in 2 years.....yep. we could.

Ian Darke ‏@IanDarkeESPN
Showered with beer by angry Mexican fans as USA win at Azteca for first time I think it was beer anyway.

Throwing piss at Sir Ian? Yeah they've gone too far. Call in the drones.

Back