• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

ZOMG old school MLS shootouts may be coming to a World Cup near you!

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/201...s-penalty-kicks-mls-van-basten-world-cup-2026

Not sure which of those proposed changes is the worst.

I'd be ok with the shootout change but imagine players wouldn't want the injury risk.

A penalty box instead of cards? Ball can't be stationary during last 10 minutes? Those are fucking awful.

Wouldn't mind seeing 4 subs or instantaneous subbing (provided the subs are announced and come on/off the pitch at same spot and time).

Not sure which of those proposed changes is the worst.

I'd be ok with the shootout change but imagine players wouldn't want the injury risk.

A penalty box instead of cards? Ball can't be stationary during last 10 minutes? Those are fucking awful.

Wouldn't mind seeing 4 subs or instantaneous subbing (provided the subs are announced and come on/off the pitch at same spot and time).

I think they should settle draws by sitting the opponent's manager on the crossbar, with a target below him. Hit the target, like a dunk tank, and the manager falls. Tack on an extra point if a limb breaks during the fall. Hell, that's no crazier an idea than some of the nonsense in that article.

:cue bitching about Jurgen calling players out for not being in shape:

@briansciaretta: Matt Hedges, Kellyn Acosta, and Kekutah have all left #usmnt camp with injuries. Big setback for Hedges who had a lot to gain from camp

:cue bitching about Jurgen playing players out of position:

@paultorino: The #USMNT's newest right back: Graham Zusi.

:cue bitching about Jurgen calling players out for not being in shape:

@briansciaretta: Matt Hedges, Kellyn Acosta, and Kekutah have all left #usmnt camp with injuries. Big setback for Hedges who had a lot to gain from camp

:cue bitching about Jurgen playing players out of position:

@paultorino: The #USMNT's newest right back: Graham Zusi.
No Yedlin, and Zusi played some RB this year for SKC, didn't he?

I think they should settle draws by sitting the opponent's manager on the crossbar, with a target below him. Hit the target, like a dunk tank, and the manager falls. Tack on an extra point if a limb breaks during the fall. Hell, that's no crazier an idea than some of the nonsense in that article.

How about all of the players go "butts up" in the goal and each team takes turns with target practice. If you get hit, you're out. Last team standing wins.

Back