• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - Panthers welcome RB Rashaad Penny

Chuba is better than Penny, I think there is room for both in some capacity. Probably Chuba starting with Penny backing up until Brooks is able to take over. Sanders sucks though, he needs to be cut.

Wouldn't be surprised if Penny doesn't even make the team. Dude is completely out of juice. I mean he was RB4 behind Boston Scott on the Eagles last year, and if he couldn't be successful behind that Eagles OL he certainly isn't doing it on the Panthers.

My guess is Sanders traded or cut post June 1st and Chuba will be RB3 then released at the end of this year when he's out of contract.
I don't see a reason why Chuba is not on the roster. He is a cheap and somewhat dependable option
. If we can save cap with Sanders should be a no brainer.

I don't see a reason why Chuba is not on the roster. He is a cheap and somewhat dependable option
. If we can save cap with Sanders should be a no brainer.

We can't save cap with Sanders till after this season. Unless Canales absolutely hates Sanders, I would expect him to be here for 2024 and then be cut after the season unless he's an All Pro.

might cut sanders and eat the dead money

And pay somebody else too ? It's a $10.5 million dead cap before 6/1 and $7.5 million after 6/1. For that reason, I think Sanders gets another shot if he appears to be even serviceable.

Rolling with Chuba, Sanders, and Blackshear while hoping a UDFA emerges made the most sense. Signing Penny after drafting a RB and eating dead money by cutting Sanders makes no sense at all.

Maybe Penny knows Canales "system" and they're just bringing him in to teach Brooks. I don't know. This is a team with a lot of holes putting too much draft capital and cap space into RB.

I mean Penny is probably signing for the vet minimum right? I don't think this signing means a damn thing about the current Panthers RBs, it's just Canales taking a guy that he knows and allowing him to have a chance to make the team.

Obviously Penny wouldn't sign here if he didn't think he had a reasonable shot at making the team, but I don't think signing Penny means literally anything in terms of whether the plan is to cut Sanders or not.

I mean Penny is probably signing for the vet minimum right? I don't think this signing means a damn thing about the current Panthers RBs, it's just Canales taking a guy that he knows and allowing him to have a chance to make the team.

Obviously Penny wouldn't sign here if he didn't think he had a reasonable shot at making the team, but I don't think signing Penny means literally anything in terms of whether the plan is to cut Sanders or not.
Agree

From what I've seen and boy have I been wrong before (Fit) but I've been moderately impressed with Morgan so far. But those 2 OGs better have good seasons.

Last edited:
Just hope their "due diligence" with Brooks didn't drop the ball and his knee isn't as healed, or going to be healed, come July. But that's a full RB room now and someone is getting cut.

Just hope their "due diligence" with Brooks didn't drop the ball and his knee isn't as healed, or going to be healed, come July. But that's a full RB room now and someone is getting cut.
Meh, we're going to suck anyways. Don't rush the young RB back until he's actually healthy.

Back