• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - WR Leggette, RB Brooks, LB Wallace, TE Sanders, CB Smith-Wade, DT Crumedy, LB Barrett

I'm with sd3, once you get far enough down in the draft it's a guessing game and teams' valuations of dudes become all over the place. Dropping even 60 picks isn't that big of a deal

Geez. This guy. No pics though. Could be a hoax.

The Panthers traded into the #32 spot. They just couldn't wait.

They traded up one spot to get Leggette. Unreal.

They traded down 59 spots on Day 3 to move up one spot. Unreal. According to the draft value chart, the Panthers gave up 24.1 points to get 10 points.

Wow. The names and faces change, but…

Accent is pretty amazing!

He'll be doing Bojangles commercials by the end of the week.

Assuming he turns out to be decent, I like the trade. The 5th year option is significantly more valuable than the 5th/6th round draft position. As has been mentioned, once you are down that far the draft boards have completely diverged. What is important is that you have a 5th/6th round pick, not where in the round it is.

My biggest concern is that they have obviously been so locked in on him for so long, that they didn't even look at guys who fell because of the QB run. Like, they were initially targeting him because guys like Phil were supposed to be gone, so they maybe ranked him higher than he is because of perceived availability and then stuck with it. Like sticking with preseason poll rankings too long. I guess we'll find out.

The good news is that they'll still have a lot of good options at 39. Assuming they don't go DoubleWide with McConkey, they should be able to choose from at least one of the two Centers, Edgerin Cooper, Kool-Aid, TJ Tampa, and Jason Sehorn, Jr.

They traded up because some nepo baby in the marketing department worked so hard on this graphic.

I guess they had a good shot at getting at least one of the two Xavier WR’s, so they said “make the graphic and we’ll just input the face at the end”

so was there thought that he wouldn't be available with the next pick? was it necessary to give up your 5th round pick?

Back