• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - WR Xavier Leggette (#32), RB Johnathan Brooks (#46), LB Trevin Wallace (#72)

On the bright side it should be a sufficient sample size to realize he’s never gonna be a top QB so we can get rid of him and still be in a position to draft another top QB prospect
yep

give him a terrible line, no receivers, and a boring coach — makes the decision in three years a lot easier

If history is a guide, the Panthers will somehow win enough games not to get the number one pick, but will still languish in obscurity.

These are the dark times you endures as a fanbase, which hopefully make future winning that much sweeter. We as Wake fans wouldn’t know anything about that.

I think it’s always difficult when you can’t align GM/Coach/QB. A full year down in a QBs second year is a tough way to go. Like I said the Bears did it but got epically lucky with how trading away number one went and then having a supposed generational QB available this year.

So what’s the end game for Carolina? Tank this year and then what with the number. The timeline is really awkward here. Maybe best case you have a nice nest for Young in year 4…if he shows promise in year 2 and 3.

Tough spot

The plan for the next 15 months seems straight forward. Bolster the interior lines. Draft two of WR, TE, Edge with the 2nd round picks. Fill other needs on defense with the other picks.

Try hard during the season with Canales. Determine if Ickey is the future at LT. Assess the need for pass rushers after getting rid of them this offseason.

Go into the 2025 draft with a clear sense of the need to replace Young and Ickey. Draft QB or LT if necessary. If not, probably draft Edge, WR, or the BPA. Travis Hunter would be a great pick.

I have a little different view. The first half sack totals will go down without Burns. He was not worth the money/cap space. Burns should have been traded a year ago. Morgan is trying to make chicken salad out of the chicken shit that he inherited.

I hate that Chinn and Luvu left but I don’t blame them. Chinn wasn’t used by the current staff.
Money saved by trading Burns was used on multiple guys. Ejero is supposed to be so good…we will see what he can do now with guys that he wants.

I agree on the Icky deal. Dude needs to step up. The interior line should be better. Now they need to get skill players in the draft.

I’m drinking the Morgan and Canales kool-aid. Hopefully we will see more dogs out there.

Morgan was the sous chef of that chicken shit.

Windy, I don’t think they necessarily have to give up on Young after 2 years with 2 staffs. But if they have the #1 pick next year and Young still hadn’t shown much, they have to consider picking a QB.

How much say did the sous chef have? Morgan is already different so I’m hopeful for the future.

Morgan was the sous chef of that chicken shit.

Windy, I don’t think they necessarily have to give up on Young after 2 years with 2 staffs. But if they have the #1 pick next year and Young still hadn’t shown much, they have to consider picking a QB.
Then a QB competition with 2 #1 overalls in 3 years? Plus not having your round 2 pick? And everything else you gave the Bears? That’s an absurd amount of draft capital in QBs.

It would have to be legendary potential QB at 1 next year to do that IMO

Are we stuck with a QB selected by a coach who didn’t even last a season or did he want Stroud

Back