• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - WR Leggette, RB Brooks, LB Wallace, TE Sanders, CB Smith-Wade, DT Crumedy, LB Barrett

Jesus these fucking Millennial/Gen Z people are just so oblivious to the world around them that they don't know when to not say something stupid.

[yes i am aware this could be said about me as well]

What was stupid? Caneles doesn’t look like an NFL head coach. He wasn’t one until a few months ago. Johnson didn’t choose to join the Panthers. Seems like a weird criticism.

Jesus these fucking Millennial/Gen Z people are just so oblivious to the world around them that they don't know when to not say something stupid.

[yes i am aware this could be said about me as well]
Oh get outta here Biff no way

What was stupid? Caneles doesn’t look like an NFL head coach. He wasn’t one until a few months ago. Johnson didn’t choose to join the Panthers. Seems like a weird criticism.

I mean I feel like at a minimum you should look up the head coach of the team you just got traded to

I mean I feel like at a minimum you should look up the head coach of the team you just got traded to
Because you're some normie in a normie job. Johnson was going meet the head coach anyway.

Yeah this seems like a no-brainer. Do you walk into your first team meeting at a new job and not know who your boss or the CEO is? Baffling stuff here.

I would be willing to bet Johnson is exaggerating, and it was probably tongue in check meant to highlight Canales' energy rather than that he didn't actually know he was the coach. Context

I would be willing to bet Johnson is exaggerating, and it was probably tongue in check meant to highlight Canales' energy rather than that he didn't actually know he was the coach. Context
Yeah it's almost certainly that he met Canales in person and was shocked at what he was like compared to his expectations of a head coach. Or maybe he knew the name but didn't know what Canales looked like.

I highly doubt that he literally didn't have any idea who his head coach was, they probably had already spoken on the phone after the trade.

other than kickers, NFL wide receivers are the flakiest position in the game so I don't doubt for a second that a WR was so unaware that he didn't realize who the head coach was. That tracks perfectly.

Who knows? Seems like players have less direct contact with the head coach than you'd expect. He may have met the WR coach and/or OC, but maybe not the coach.

other than kickers, NFL wide receivers are the flakiest position in the game so I don't doubt for a second that a WR was so unaware that he didn't realize who the head coach was. That tracks perfectly.
Yeah, and he was 1 of those divas in Pittsburgh. But he's talented. Just keep feeding him the ball so he doesn't start acting out. Shouldn't be a problem considering the rest of your WR corps.

Also tracks with him being dumb AF

I think Robbie Anderson at least knew who the coach of the team was.

I'm guessing we go the LB from NC State at 33 then WR at 39
It's possible as he definitely fills a need and is a quality player, but he is a massive, massive injury risk. That is a tough choice for a team without a first round pick and so many holes. They already have a great defensive player who rarely plays. They need players on the field.

Lol, that NC State linebacker is older than Leggette, injured every year, and he’s an inside LB, which you can get off the scrap heap generally.

Back