• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

in a stunning turn of events, ST Discovery quintuples down and declares that literally only Michael Burnham could save the universe and also the only way to
prove your worthiness of the literal
Power of the Gods is to attend a therapy session and be honest with your feelings.

Last edited:
So many highs and lows for Disco. I'm happy to readdress the progenitors, I've long thought they were a dropped thread that merited revisiting so I was thrilled about that. Getting to know the Breen - cool. Still I scratch my head about the bridge crew. One of the plusses of having a completely unmemorable crew is that I barely noticed that they basically replaced everybody.

If this Starfleet Academy show actually happens and it's Tilly centric? Then I'm out, as unfathomable as it is that I'd skip a Trek series, I'd be avoiding that.

Cockeyed optimist that I am... maybe the last 2 episodes will be good? They're done with the fetchquest/puzzle solving part of the season, I reckon.

Anyway, X-Men, awesome. I had a fear going in and during the episode that they were headed to Onslaught and fortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. Onslaught was just the most 90s series that ever 90s-ed (that's not a good thing).

This episode was the best of this season, I thought. Part of the reason is that Rayner actually does Star Trek stuff in each episode and acts like an actual officer.

So here’s what’s gonna happen - there’s going to be enough juice left in the Genesis device for one shot - it comes down to either Moll saves L’ak or Book revives Kwajean with the Root of Kwajean yggdrasil.

Can anyone explain why XTAS could generate 20ish episodes in a year in the 90s (with more detail), yet in 2024 it takes longer for X97 or Invincible to produce essentially half of the same product? I watched this video:

In that, the head animator for X97 mentions that she actually removed elements from XTAS in order to facilitate the animation process. Essentially sacrificing every scene/character details to have blockbuster moments.

Is it simply smaller budgets? I’m not really asking something like how South Park can be made in a week, I watched their process in that doc; but how is comicbook anime slowing down in television production? And on the other end of the spectrum, how does something like Arcane, that is FAR more computer generated, also take multiple years?

Last edited:
Good question. One factor may be the lack of strict Fall TV deadlines.

My guess is the OG was very cheap to produce bc it was money being tossed at st the wall and happened to land the right mix of quality acting/directing/production. Luck, in some sense.

If you go back and rewatch you’d notice them recycling assets far more often. I have a feeling the actors cost a lot more too.

They were also jamming content into the can back in the day so they could hit enough episodes to meet syndication requirements so the pressure was on to churn out material.

So Disney fired a showrunner before the debut of his wildly successful show, he engages with the fans about the show, there’s no backlash toward Disney, and we still don’t know what he did. So the fans still love him and love his work.

Seems like it worked out well.

So Disney fired a showrunner before the debut of his wildly successful show, he engages with the fans about the show, there’s no backlash toward Disney, and we still don’t know what he did. So the fans still love him and love his work.

Seems like it worked out well.

Capitalism

Back