• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Ready for the reign/rain to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
My younger brother would 100% have no issues doing a 12 hour day of driving for one of his friends. You couldn't pay me enough.

I think its the "you'll have a crisp Franklin waiting upon arrival" that irks me. They are asking a friend to sacrifice a full day to do all this work, because they don't think they can survive a shuttle bus ride from Norfolk to Baltimore. Not for a medical emergency or anything, but merely the inconvenience of the ride for them. So instead, they are seeking someone else to do alot of work to save them the inconvenience of riding a bus to their car. And they suspect a $100 is fair compensation for such an act, because this is all worth a crisp Franklin. Not, we will pay your expenses, we will owe you big time, we will be eternally grateful.

I can picture it down the road, the driver asking the couple for a favor and the couple responding, "We did pay you, we don't owe you anything. "

My younger brother would 100% have no issues doing a 12 hour day of driving for one of his friends. You couldn't pay me enough.
Lol at the idea of doing 12 hours of driving so that a friend could avoid a few hours on a shuttle bus.

You already chose to be surrounded by maniacs in close quarters on a cruise! Gotta embrace it now

Federal mileage rate is $0.67 per mile and that psycho is offering $100.

The particular person who doesn’t want to ride the shuttle should just ask to get picked up by a friend in Norfolk and let their partner take the shuttle.

Don’t cruises usually disembark in the morning? Seems like they expect the car there for them when they’re ready.

What’s its gonnna taaake, what’s it goonnaa taaake, to free - the ce-lestial body

It was a dumb workout at a pretty low weight, so I have no idea what happened. I think I didn't warm up enough.

Run 100m, 1DL @ 205
Run 100m, 2DL @ 205
Run 100m, 3DL @ 205
Continue this until 15 minutes, increasing the DL by 1 rep each time.

I got to the round with 9 DL and my back quit on the 5th DL. Some solid shooting pain down my legs and instant regret.
Sounds like the beginnings of Osteoporosis. You seemed to have a good run, though.

I love watching college sports, but man, the discourse around them fucking sucks now. Conference expansion, only hearing about the CFP and the haves during any CFB broadcast, NET/KP/Lunardi being all anyone talks about in CBB, gambling being the only other mainstream #analysis, the portal, NIL, etc. I'm happy players are getting paid but it's so fucking chaotic. If you like a player decent chance they might leave regardless of pro prospects. Maybe I should just watch the games themselves and tune everything else out.

listening to a podcast and there's an Amazon ad about how great Fall River, MA is because of its Amazon warehouse and great birding opportunities. several mentions of birding in the ad.

I love watching college sports, but man, the discourse around them fucking sucks now. Conference expansion, only hearing about the CFP and the haves during any CFB broadcast, NET/KP/Lunardi being all anyone talks about in CBB, gambling being the only other mainstream #analysis, the portal, NIL, etc. I'm happy players are getting paid but it's so fucking chaotic. If you like a player decent chance they might leave regardless of pro prospects. Maybe I should just watch the games themselves and tune everything else out.
College Basketball is an absolute mess! Why the federal government can’t step in and fix this mess is inconceivable. It’s not even fun to rout for Wake anymore because you don’t get to grow with a team. These players constantly coming and going because their ego think the grass is greener somewhere else. Fuck all these money grabbing kids that don’t give a fuck about a quality education. They are going to look back and say damn, I should have graduated from Wake but now I can’t play in the league and work the graveyard shift at Walmart!

College Basketball is an absolute mess! Why the federal government can’t step in and fix this mess is inconceivable. It’s not even fun to rout for Wake anymore because you don’t get to grow with a team. These players constantly coming and going because their ego think the grass is greener somewhere else. Fuck all these money grabbing kids that don’t give a fuck about a quality education. They are going to look back and say damn, I should have graduated from Wake but now I can’t play in the league and work the graveyard shift at Walmart!
more like OldBuck95 amirite

prior to NIL and the portal, it was hard to get TOO excited about 18 year olds (who may or may not attend a lot of classes) on the same campus where i (may or may not have attended classes) in the prior century.

now i feel no relationship to them at all and i'm pulling for the brand. whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back