• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: To our friends who no longer chance to stroll down the Boulevard of Chat, we hope you are well and welcome you back whenever you are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just absolutely unloaded on my in laws for guilt tripping my wife about her work travel and telling her she needed to “stay home and raise her kids.” Apparently I had a lot of pent up rage concerning then that I was unaware of, but it felt nice to let it out. How are you gonna call someone on the most important business trip of her life and question her dedication as a mother? Like what kind of person thinks that is ok?
Congrats on the sex

Just absolutely unloaded on my in laws for guilt tripping my wife about her work travel and telling her she needed to “stay home and raise her kids.” Apparently I had a lot of pent up rage concerning then that I was unaware of, but it felt nice to let it out. How are you gonna call someone on the most important business trip of her life and question her dedication as a mother? Like what kind of person thinks that is ok?
1714746552771.png

My MiL guilt trips the hell out of my wife on EVERYTHING. I have yet to unload on her but I feel like if I ever do, it might end my marriage.

s/Well how long was the work trip?

Boomers don’t get the grindset

Wait they called her in the middle of the trip and said come home & raise your kids?

That’s wild
Yeah, this weekend is basically a long informal interview for a position in upper management and life changing money and they call her over that shit. Like I’m glad you grew up in a time when you could support a family on a single telephone lineman’s salary, but your generation fucked that up, not mine. Don’t make your daughter feel shitty because she is trying to better her kids’ lives.

the FiL just has explosive anger issues

i've seen the dude lose his shit in public multiple times and he'll go from 0-100 on the MiL about once a visit over some innocuous shit

Yeah, this weekend is basically a long informal interview for a position in upper management and life changing money and they call her over that shit. Like I’m glad you grew up in a time when you could support a family on a single telephone lineman’s salary, but your generation fucked that up, not mine. Don’t make your daughter feel shitty because she is trying to better her kids’ lives.

They probably think that's your role, not hers.

the FiL just has explosive anger issues

i've seen the dude lose his shit in public multiple times and he'll go from 0-100 on the MiL about once a visit over some innocuous shit

This makes me wonder what mdmh is like in public. Does he yell and scream and call people names or is that just an online thing ?

i miss the wendy's SuperBar
RIP to a real one.
Wonder where the rage came from?
Indecent-Proposal-417-e1649068338914.jpg

My MiL guilt trips the hell out of my wife on EVERYTHING. I have yet to unload on her but I feel like if I ever do, it might end my marriage.
So much this.

In laws are catholic and that ingrained guilt is strong. Every call with my wife is about the people in their life that are sick/dying/hard times. The guilt trips are incessant along with stuff like inviting themselves to visit. Ok. Inviting others to join them on their visit to us. Who's arriving tomorrow now?

When my wife blew up at them during the last visit mil said "you can just say no." In the midst of that chaos I laughed out loud at that. I think I followed up with "it's not that easy."

Also, you'd think life changing money might get mako out of a few jobs so maybe more time with the family?

Glad your mom is cool with your wife working... uh outside the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back