• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: To our friends who no longer chance to stroll down the Boulevard of Chat, we hope you are well and welcome you back whenever you are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like when some of the less experienced folks I work with say “I’m going to be on my lunch break” when I ask about discussing something for a sec. Buddy you’re a salaried employee, we’re not punching out for lunch here, please delay your entirely unofficial lunch time 5 mins to take my call.
Do they know that the thing you want to talk about is gong to take only 5 minutes? Is it actually going to take only 5 minutes? Also what do you want people to do when it's 12:33 PM and they have meetings from 1-3?

I get that certain people abuse this kind of situation and it's entirely annoying, but a lot of times people only have a short window of free time around lunch time and they don't want to have to scarf down their food because they spent some of it talking to a coworker about something.

I like when some of the less experienced folks I work with say “I’m going to be on my lunch break” when I ask about discussing something for a sec. Buddy you’re a salaried employee, we’re not punching out for lunch here, please delay your entirely unofficial lunch time 5 mins to take my call.
why ya calling people during lunch hour?

Do they know that the thing you want to talk about is gong to take only 5 minutes? Is it actually going to take only 5 minutes? Also what do you want people to do when it's 12:33 PM and they have meetings from 1-3?

I get that certain people abuse this kind of situation and it's entirely annoying, but a lot of times people only have a short window of free time around lunch time and they don't want to have to scarf down their food because they spent some of it talking to a coworker about something.
God forbid they miss their sacred lunch time

You know what you can do? Eat later… or I dunno maybe some of the fatsos could miss a meal

God forbid they miss their sacred lunch time

You know what you can do? Eat later… or I dunno maybe some of the fatsos could miss a meal
Some people care more about their physical and mental well-being than they do about their work.

I know that you aren't one of those people, but you shouldn't impose your standard for yourself regarding that onto everyone else.

oh so you're the asshole trying to get me on a "quick voice call to discuss something" completely unscheduled during the 15 minutes I have between my noon and 1 meetings 😬

either put something on my calendar (ideally at least an hour+ in advance) or just use async communication tools the way they're supposed to be used

Some people care more about their physical and mental well-being than they do about their work.

I know that you aren't one of those people, but you shouldn't impose your standard for yourself regarding that onto everyone else.
You just don’t have the grindset. How dare you care for your well-being.

If I’m paying them then I’m imposing my standard

honestly, i mainly rally against the "5 minutes to discuss something" calls because they are usually very disruptive to me getting actual work done that I need to get done, not even about lunch breaks

and sometimes a lunch break is a euphemism for a poop break, windy of all people should understand that one

honestly, i mainly rally against the "5 minutes to discuss something" calls because they are usually very disruptive to me getting actual work done that I need to get done, not even about lunch breaks
I've also never had someone call me for a conversation that actually lasted <5 minutes and that conversation could not have been a simple email exchange. Usually if it's that short of a conversation it's just trying to quickly get on the same page about something you both already understand.

lol windy there’s 0 chance that you are constantly doing work 8am-5pm. I get your shtick is grinding but get grip man

I was unaware that you owned the company that you worked for and were paying employees out of your own pocket
Salary comes from my budget and my P&L. If someone is so concerned about getting their lunch why did they even respond to the message ir take the call to begin with?

lol windy there’s 0 chance that you are constantly doing work 8am-5pm. I get your shtick is grinding but get grip man
You’d be wrong… most days I’m on calls from 7:30 until 7:00 with virtually no time in between.

Not in the current gig yet but it’ll be that way no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back