• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: To our friends who no longer chance to stroll down the Boulevard of Chat, we hope you are well and welcome you back whenever you are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this went too far lol.

I will catch up on all the counterpoints responding to my post but the main reason I posted it is I find it funny that new folks I work with refer to their “lunch hour” as if that is a real mandated thing just because they’ve heard it said on tv.

When I personally ask for a 5 minute call it is really 5 minutes and saves the time of a painstakingly detailed email that will take much more than 5 minutes to craft and will likely be misconstrued anyway.

The “lunch hour” references are not during regular meal times which makes it a more peculiar and annoying reference.

Plus your calendar wasn’t blocked, rookie.

I feel more important when my calendar is full so I accept all invites and then pick the one I want to attend at the actual time of the appointment, telling the others via IM or email that I’m somehow double or triple booked and can they do this with out me

I feel like if you work for a federal government agency in a public facing role there should be a higher standard for proficiency with the English language.

We just docked in Aswan. Looking forward to whatever old thing we are seeing tomorrow. At this point it’s just go him another 4000 year old carving and the running joke with the group is about how fond the ancient Egyptians were of collecting severed penises from their war victims

Lol, damn, just thinking of how differently Windy and I #grind. If my calendar's free, I take a 3-hour work break in the middle of my day 2-3 times a week to go walk dogs at the nearby shelter because I enjoy doing it and it's a nice mental break in the middle of my day. But I also don't have a job with a bazillion useless meetings or where I've got a Micromanager Windy on my ass spamming me with messages every 10 minutes like, "Hey, I need this in the next hour!", so...

(of course I make up the time elsewhere in the day if I'm gonna take a 3-hour break and don't have kids yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back