• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We hung on to my first dog longer than we should. Had liver cancer. Drained fluid from his abdomen a few times. I had gotten him while still in college, and we just couldn’t let go. Second dog had cancer as well and we just gave him the best last few months we could. When he had trouble sleeping from the pain, we scheduled a euthanasia the next day. My wife took the day off and she and our son spoiled the hell out of him and I took him at the end of the day. I would put a dog down too early than too late a thousand times over.

We trusted my first dog to a new vet (Dr Longnecker) at Animal Ark in Clemmons.

Spooner was ~10 at the time. She was lethargic for a couple of days, and wasn't interested in food/water.

I wanted a quick check-up & wasn't interested in prolonging the inevitable.

Spooner had lived a great life, and we had plenty of love to give for more doggos.

We already had our 2nd and 3rd rescues with us.

... the vet ran a series of unapproved tests (an xay, followed by a sonogram), which they demanded payment for, and concluded that she had hours to live because of a growth on her spleen.

They wouldn't let me SEE my dog until we paid the bill for the tests (which I'd explicitly declined that afternoon).

I cried like a baby in Dr. Longnecker's new office.

We paid. So I could see Spooner one last time.

... but, when we saw her... she was behaving more normally. We took her home to feed her a steak, etc before saying goodbye.

The next morning... she was fine, and lived with us for 6 more years without a single health issue.

Find a vet you trust.

Kid just found the Greek Easter toys that were hidden in the closet for two weeks from now. He’s having a Chernobyl level meltdown since I told him that they aren’t for him and he can’t play with them. This parenting thing is super easy.

anyone have a clue when there’s activity at Smith-Reynolds airport? Thinking about taking the kiddo to watch planes one day and hit up the snack bar.

Euthanasia for a pet is the last great thing you do for them. It affected me so greatly, I doubt I'll ever own another dog. I love dogs. In a room full of people and a dog, I'll go to the dog first.

I want my boy to have a dog;
Well, maybe two or three.
He can learn from them more easily
Than he can learn from me.

A dog will teach him how to love,
To bear no grudge or hate.
I'm not so good at that myself,
But a dog will do it straight.

I want my boy to have a dog;
To be his guide and friend.
So he can learn that friendship
Is faithful to the end.

There never yet has been a dog
That learned to double cross,
Nor cater to you when you won
Or dropped you when you lost.

Kid just found the Greek Easter toys that were hidden in the closet for two weeks from now. He’s having a Chernobyl level meltdown since I told him that they aren’t for him and he can’t play with them. This parenting thing is super easy.
Just wait.

Sounds like you nailed it. Go have a beer

Also why did the Greeks re-crucify Jesus like 5 weeks after the Romans

People give gifts on Easter? I mean lots of candy and chocolate eggs obviously relate to the resurrection, but gifts?

Christos anesti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back