• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love when on the local Facebook group for the rural area where I live that people speculate they saw a mountain lion. Today's post was about something destroying their fence and a sheep missing. Most people logically conclude it was a bear, coyote, or bobcat but there's always these old coots who swear they've seen tons of mountain lions over the years, even though there's absolutely no evidence of their natural presence here for like a century.

Windy will take care of your cougar problem for ya.

Rat moved one of the traps about 3 feet and put it inside the cavity in the back of the outside refrigerator.

Rat bastard
My uncle had a hunting cabin near the cypress swamps of Sopchoppy, FL and we would go down there for Thanksgiving some years. One year, I must have been 11-12 years old, I heard this loud scratching at my bedroom door while I was trying to sleep and the next morning saw a bunch of the carpet gone just on the other side of the door and a hole chewed out of the doorframe. The next night, I sat on a chair in the kitchen where the bedroom door was visible and watched for whatever critter it was that was trying to break in. I thought I was well-armed with a wiffleball bat until I saw a rat emerge from behind a couch that was about 10-12 inches nose to the base of his tail. I tried to talk my dad into letting me sleep somewhere else but he assured me that the door should hold him off for the night. He and my uncle set up a few glue traps around the house that night. The next morning, all of the glue traps were gone except for one that was wadded into a ball and stuck behind the oven.

That was the last we ever saw of Ruettiger.

Oh, and I found $5.

My uncle had a hunting cabin near the cypress swamps of Sopchoppy, FL and we would go down there for Thanksgiving some years. One year, I must have been 11-12 years old, I heard this loud scratching at my bedroom door while I was trying to sleep and the next morning saw a bunch of the carpet gone just on the other side of the door and a hole chewed out of the doorframe. The next night, I sat on a chair in the kitchen where the bedroom door was visible and watched for whatever critter it was that was trying to break in. I thought I was well-armed with a wiffleball bat until I saw a rat emerge from behind a couch that was about 10-12 inches nose to the base of his tail. I tried to talk my dad into letting me sleep somewhere else but he assured me that the door should hold him off for the night. He and my uncle set up a few glue traps around the house that night. The next morning, all of the glue traps were gone except for one that was wadded into a ball and stuck behind the oven.

That was the last we ever saw of Ruettiger.

Oh, and I found $5.
We talked about Glue traps, but were worried it would just end up filled with Lizards

Much like alligators, I am not a fan of measuring rats from nose to tip. I think it exaggerates the size of the creature in question. I think the proper measurement for length should be nose to rump. A 10–12-inch rat is most likely 6 inches of menace and 6 inches of tail. Alligator I think is best measured by estimated weight rather than length.

For some reason Instagram has decided to send me lots of reels of alligators hiding by the shore in what looks like empty water and I was already terrified of an alligator eating my children so long story short glad I got to meet Windy and Ph and sorry Birdman because I'm never going to Florida again.

There are no mountain lions in Appalachia. 99 percent of the people that live in Appalachia will argue this though, and 70 percent will swear they've seen one.
This isn't just the mountains, either. Know a bunch of people who claim to have seen then in Eastern NC. I tend to believe that there are a few still roaming around out there.

Hell, they just found DNA from the Javan tiger which was supposed to have been extinct for like 70 years, and they aren't far from one of the most populated places on earth.

Not the sports thread, but I would love to create a “fish out of water” type reality show about all the Mormon players that Mark Pope is going to bring to Kentucky from BYU. That’s going to be a hell of an experience for those kids. (Going to hell for having lots of premarital sex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back