• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the sports thread, but I would love to create a reality show about all the Mormon players that Mark Pope is going to bring to Kentucky from BYU. That’s going to be a hell of an experience for those kids. (Going to hell for having lots of premarital sex)
This is one of my favorite things about recruiting, when a kid from one part of the country decides to go to college in in a very different locale. I would be interested in a YouTube series about these decisions. Two recent one's spring to mind for me, "Oh you're a RB from the Alabama shore? What made you pick the University of Cincinnati? or "Hello, QB from small town Oklahoma, what made you decide on Georgia Tech for your collegiate career?

This is one of my favorite things about recruiting, when a kid from one part of the country decides to go to college in in a very different locale. I would be interested in a YouTube series about these decisions. Two recent one's spring to mind for me, "Oh you're a RB from the Alabama shore? What made you pick the University of Cincinnati? or "Hello, QB from small town Oklahoma, what made you decide on Georgia Tech for your collegiate career?
Best offer available. What makes a kid from Florida decide to play baseball in Pennsylvania. Best offer...

people say the same thing about them in PA. their hunting camera saw it or their mother in law saw one etc etc
Also, it's interesting how everyone just assumes the mountains have all the bears in NC (and other states). Definitely not the case. The largest concentration of black bears in the world is on the Albemarle peninsula, which is only 5 counties.

This isn't just the mountains, either. Know a bunch of people who claim to have seen then in Eastern NC. I tend to believe that there are a few still roaming around out there.

Hell, they just found DNA from the Javan tiger which was supposed to have been extinct for like 70 years, and they aren't far from one of the most populated places on earth.
If there are, they are far more likely to be escaped/released “pets” or wide ranging dispersers from western populations, than remnant undetected by science populations from 150 years ago.

Best offer available. What makes a kid from Florida decide to play baseball in Pennsylvania. Best offer...
Ya but its not that simple. What does the best offer mean, does that mean playing time, academics, campus, offensive fit? I also think alot of these guys have no idea what they are singing up for and don't do a ton of research into the schools. Many commits happen after a fun campus visit.

I am reminded of one the QB's from Last Chance U who committed to Georgia Tech not knowing they were a triple option school. Like how do you go through that process and not realize they are going to make you run most of the time.

Ya but its not that simple. What does the best offer mean, does that mean playing time, academics, campus, offensive fit? I also think alot of these guys have no idea what they are singing up for and don't do a ton of research into the schools. Many commits happen after a fun campus visit.

I am reminded of one the QB's from Last Chance U who committed to Georgia Tech not knowing they were a triple option school. Like how do you go through that process and not realize they are going to make you run most of the time.
that's true

I forgot how fun it is sometimes to engage with the complete psychopaths on the sports board
Yeah, I think my only posts over there from now on will be to either rustle jimmies, post the very limited scoops I occasionally get, and shitpost on game threads. CT>Other Pit Threads>>>Sports Board>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tunnels.

I rarely post on actual Wake sports threads other than to post news tweets, scheduling things, etc. I don’t do a lot of #analysis. I post more on the Panthers, general CFB, and soccer threads.

whole day thrown for a loop. took the car in for service, turns out it's like a 6-hour job. was planning on washing and cleaning the interior of the car this afternoon, going grocery shopping, and prepping dinner. now none of that is happening and my wife gets the joy of taking me to the dealer this evening when she gets home.

they arranged for a Lyft home for me and about halfway there I realized my house key was at the dealer since when I pulled up and handed over the keys I assumed I'd just be waiting a few hours. thankfully the guy waited for me to get my key then took me home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back