• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this post had me go look up all the US presidents again and there are some names on that list I would never be able to tell you were presidents

like, we had a president named ZACH TAYLOR? really? i wonder if he also sang country because he's got the name for it, OR coached throwball
for a couple of years there, people were saying that Zach Taylor was gonna be the next TJ, but then everybody just slowly realized that poor Zach was in way over his head, and probably needed to transfer down before he died

(on topic, he (seriously!) apparently ate way too many cherries with iced milk, a forerunner to a Jeni's ice cream flavor for sure, on July 4, 1850, which ultimately led to his demise)

Jeni’s is great as long as they aren’t in one of their recall food contamination months.

for a couple of years there, people were saying that Zach Taylor was gonna be the next TJ, but then everybody just slowly realized that poor Zach was in way over his head, and probably needed to transfer down before he died

(on topic, he (seriously!) apparently ate way too many cherries with iced milk, a forerunner to a Jeni's ice cream flavor for sure, on July 4, 1850, which ultimately led to his demise)
I will not stand for Zachary Taylor disinformation. Old Rough and Ready was a war hero and had never held political office before he became president. Despite starting off as a slaveholder, he realized the continuation of slavery was unfeasible and became an abolitionist (which made him immensely unpopular with his base) He may even been able to speed up the end of slavery had he not died due to consumption of ice milk and cherries (or possible assassination). He was much better than the two who came after him despite only being in office for less than a year. To say he was in over his head when he barely served a term is disingenuous.

I will not stand for Zachary Taylor disinformation. Old Rough and Ready was a war hero and had never held political office before he became president. Despite starting off as a slaveholder, he realized the continuation of slavery was unfeasible and became an abolitionist (which made him immensely unpopular with his base) He may even been able to speed up the end of slavery had he not died due to consumption of ice milk and cherries (or possible assassination). He was much better than the two who came after him despite only being in office for less than a year. To say he was in over his head when he barely served a term is disingenuous.
Big ZACH TAYLOR industry fully funded, huh

i am learning a lot today

perhaps I should have gone with the Zach Taylor - Zach Taylor reach of a joke instead of the Zach Taylor - Zach Keller reach of a joke

or maybe just left it alone, with the exception of the ice milk story

Jeni’s is great as long as they aren’t in one of their recall food contamination months.
i see like two major-ish ones in the last 10 years, the one in 2015 for listeria being the major one, and the one for bday cake + metal bits as the other one..

i don't count the potential inclusion of milk allergen in the coconut ice cream one because 1) i'd never order that flavor and 2) if I did it wouldn't effect me as someone who can freely enjoy dairy (for now 😬, greatest fear is still one of those ticks gettin' me)

perhaps I should have gone with the Zach Taylor - Zach Taylor reach of a joke instead of the Zach Taylor - Zach Keller reach of a joke

Oh ya, I totally missed that on initial reading. However, I always get excited when Antebellum history is brought up.

two years he played here and i had already forgotten keller's first name was zach

i see like two major-ish ones in the last 10 years, the one in 2015 for listeria being the major one, and the one for bday cake + metal bits as the other one..

i don't count the potential inclusion of milk allergen in the coconut ice cream one because 1) i'd never order that flavor and 2) if I did it wouldn't effect me as someone who can freely enjoy dairy (for now 😬, greatest fear is still one of those ticks gettin' me)
If you can't deal with some metal bits for ice cream, then you're not really about this life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back