• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just had an interview for an internal promotion (weird) but learned yesterday that there’s a Harvard grad with two years private sector experience and now we’re feeling wholly inadequate and unqualified! Imposter syndrome rules!
Ah dang. I’m in the other guy’s shoes hoping no one has the internal track for anything I’m interviewing for.

My dad had to come back to the hospital today in an ambulance because he has pneumonia and his oxygen got down to the 50s. I’m driving around the hospital parking garage sobbing because No Hard Feelings by the Avett Brothers came on my stereo. Shut the fuck up Avett Brothers lol 😥 read the goddamn room

Submitted for the CT:

We had to take our car in to be worked on last week. It needed a new axel and a new rack and pinion steering rack. The mechanic had it three days and got it back to us last Thursday. Over the weekend, we notice that the car is leaking something and not quite driving right (engine would rev before engaging with the wheels). We call the mechanic on Monday to bring it back and fix the problem. Turns out the seal wasn't quite right and a spring had come loose. The car became undriveable and we had to have it towed to the mechanic Monday evening. The tow was 100% covered by roadside assistance. They had the car was ready on Wednesday. We weren't able to pick up the car until today. Everything seems to be working fine (and mechanic has a 4 month warranty on labor for the same issue).

Person A: Great, we brought the car back and they fixed the mistake in a timely manner and the car is as if they had done it correctly the first time and we weren't out any extra expense. Transaction complete.

Person B: We should ask the mechanic for a refund for a portion of the original repair cost because it wasn't done completely right the first time and caused more inconvenience for us being down a car for additional and unnecessary time.

Who ya' siding with?

Seems reasonable to me, especially the line about an honest good work mechanic, that in itself is invaluable. To completely win said argument you can bring up the fact that the majority of mechanics would probably have accepted the returned car but would have actually charged you for additional labor.

Agree with Louis.

Some places would’ve just charged you more and given you some BS about another problem needing to be fixed…not their fault, etc.

Team A here.

We just watched The Deposition and Dinner Party episodes of the office, and wondered if there has ever been a better 2 consecutive episode run of a sitcom. I can't think of any.
Simpsons season 5 opening with Homer’s Barbershop Quartet, Cape Feare, and Homer Goes to College is unimpeachable imo

Last edited:
yeah, this is me (surprise, I'm person A). Wife and I just had a disagreement. I don't think either side is unreasonable, but I feel like we paid someone for their labor, they made sure it was done (even if it took longer) and we'll all good now. Not a big deal, but this is also a mechanic who is honest and usually does good work and while not cheap, generally in line or a little lower than other places in town. Don't want to sour that relationship.

If we had been out any more money (or if we had needed to rent a car to go to work or something), I would have asked for compensation.
I think it's totally reasonable to ask for reimbursement for anything extra you would have had to pay because of the situation (rental, tow)... but if there was no additional cost, the person is typically fair and reasonable and does good work, the issue is ultimately fixed... the karma balance for just being gracious and calling it good from here definitely outweighs trying to swing a discount on the service fee.

Morning ct. Gym session then half a day and then headed to Atlanta for the run. Anyone heard anything from TSY?

Been playing the new Taylor Swift album in the gym this am. Damn, I am digging it.

Morning ct. Gym session then half a day and then headed to Atlanta for the run. Anyone heard anything from TSY?
Out of surgery, and officially a bionic man. Sore, but already notice a difference. Surgeon had to do more than expected. Still crazy they access the spine through the front.
About 2 pages back

Hotel pillows are so mushy that I can’t sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time before my neck hurts and I have to switch up the pillows to try to fall back sleep. This ruins one of the best things about hotels.

Hotel pillows are so mushy that I can’t sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time before my neck hurts and I have to switch up the pillows to try to fall back sleep. This ruins one of the best things about hotels.
I always call down for a firmer pillow if I don’t like the ones on the bed.

I did not know you could do that.

This is my third hotel trip in the last four weeks and I’ve gotten maybe one or two good nights of sleep.

Also Travis Kelce is either a lot deeper dude than he appears or most of these songs aren't about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back