• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Windy’s the pirate pilot of this Chat, if he gets with the ultraviolet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel fortunate that while their preferences have narrowed somewhat my kids are still pretty open to things.

But no doubt about it, whenever we ask hey we’re thinking about going to _____ restaurant tonight it’s always uuuuuuugh why can’t we go to noodles and co

My kids are older than the age of much of the typical nonsensical food aversions, but my 7yo is still claiming to dislike…potatoes. Fries fine, chips fine, mashed potatoes it’s a fight. Gtfo and eat your dinner, you’re too old for this shit

My five year old does the exact same thing. I remind him he’s of Irish ancestry and he needs to get onboard the potato train.

I want to go to an Indian buffet. I like Indian food but always get some boring dish because I don’t want to branch out for a full meal.

wow. Before reading all of this Indian food talk, I had just grabbed some lamb saag and goat vindaloo to bring home to have lunch with my wife on the front porch.

I love that there is a pretty good Indian restaurant right around the corner from my office.

Folks can have very intense memories based on even short-lived relationships. Also, if each one of us sat down and brutally/honestly poured over every relationship we've been in with a fine-toothed comb with the idea of extracting the most painful memories from it, then I think it would produce some good stuff as well.

Taylor is obviously extremely good at translating these emotions into words and lyrics that folks relate to. It also helps to have Jack Antanoff on her team as well. They are both masters of this.

Do I think every single emotion she expresses is truly honest and not trumped up? Probably not, but at the time, when she was going through the height of that feeling, she probably felt close to how she is conveying it in lyrical form. How she continues to broadcast and show the emotions in every song and every performance so it's believable is pretty damn amazing imo.
OIP.zx1r-ERmjWdsmcGRAwJu2AHaDt

The Anjin says he enjoyed The Tortured Poets Department

Eating at a little bar in Ridgeway SC. Neat little small town vibe here.

I mean, the major theme of my favorite artist of all time is heavy existential-religious crisis that turned out to be based on guilt for grooming teenage girls, so ya know maybe I just don’t think music has to be autobiographical, ya know. Fictional art is just fine.
plenty of taylor swift's songs invent completely fictional characters, many of them high schoolers experiencing relationship drama

although she's famous for her autobiographical stuff, it's not at all the only thing she's up to

Texans eat a lot of goat, right? Feel like every barbecue spot I went to in Texas had goat on the menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back