• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Χριστὸς ἀνέστη

Well played

And yes I wash them each meal. I live alone…I’d rather was one set of dishes than unload a dishwasher

We have very different brains 😂 .

I am 100% trying to use the dishwasher for everything I can (run it every 3 days or so when alone), to the point where I purposely bought way more spoons than I'd typically need just because I use them so much (stirring drinks, tasting food, scooping out my leftovers etc.)

Handwashing takes so much more time (and water! #savetheenvironment) and at the end of the day you are drying and putting them away or putting them on a drying rack that isn't all that different than unloading a dishwasher.

I use one fork, one knife, one spoon and one plate all week

Nirvana or
S%C3%A9pulcre_Arc-en-Barrois_111008_12.jpg

We have very different brains 😂 .

I am 100% trying to use the dishwasher for everything I can (run it every 3 days or so when alone), to the point where I purposely bought way more spoons than I'd typically need just because I use them so much (stirring drinks, tasting food, scooping out my leftovers etc.)

Handwashing takes so much more time (and water! #savetheenvironment) and at the end of the day you are drying and putting them away or putting them on a drying rack that isn't all that different than unloading a dishwasher.
I rather enjoy hand washing. One of my favorite jobs working in fast food was dishwashing duty.

we have two small dishwashers, one at each end of the island, and it is the tits. fill one and run it while you fill the other one. if you have teenagers i HIGHLY recommend this strategy

I don’t mind washing pots and pans after cooking but after having lived in an apt without a dishwasher I hate hand washing plates and utensils.

Yeah. I think having to wash so many dishes in my tiny SF galley kitchen (with barely enough space for drying rack) is what broke me.

I do like the satisfaction I get from tackling a big sink of dishes (feels good to do hands on work and zone out sometimes), and for that reason I'll always volunteer to help out at larger functions or when cleaning up after a crowd, but ultimately it's such a fucking time sink (;) )

Yeah. I think having to wash so many dishes in my tiny SF galley kitchen (with barely enough space for drying rack) is what broke me.

I do like the satisfaction I get from tackling a big sink of dishes (feels good to do hands on work and zone out sometimes), and for that reason I'll always volunteer to help out at larger functions or when cleaning up after a crowd, but ultimately it's such a fucking time sink (;) )
Yeah mine was the first DC apt my wife and I shared after we got married. I had been looking at places and was getting desperate because 1-BRs in our price range were super hot commodities and since my wife didn’t have a job yet since she didn’t yet live in DC most landlords didn’t want only one income even though we could both have our parents sign the lease as well.

Finally found this one, didn’t pay enough attention to the kitchen, then at move-in was like wait where is the dishwasher. But we stayed there two years. Had access to an incredible yard and my landlords were literally gone every weekend at their house on the Eastern Shore so it was a great spot to gather.

we have two small dishwashers, one at each end of the island, and it is the tits. fill one and run it while you fill the other one. if you have teenagers i HIGHLY recommend this strategy
Are they maple?

I’ve replaced our wireless AIO inkjet printer with a wireless monochrome AIO laser printer.

Just got rid of my wake printer a couple of months ago. I feel like technology must have improved significantly in the last fifteen years.

Just got rid of my wake printer a couple of months ago. I feel like technology must have improved significantly in the last fifteen years.

Pretty sure I’ll never go with color inkjet again.

The new one is a Brother monochrome laser AIO. Was super easy to set up, so far working flawlessly, and replacement ink will be lots less expensive than HP.

Last edited:
Back