• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: There’s a party downtown near 5th street. Everybody on the thread is getting tipsy

me: skips taking claritin for 3 straight days out of laziness

also me: wonders why my postnasal drip is so much worse this week
after taking claritin for the last year i swapped it up with zyrtec and its helped a ton, you're supposed to swap every 3-6 months apparently?

after taking claritin for the last year i swapped it up with zyrtec and its helped a ton, you're supposed to swap every 3-6 months apparently?
Yeah this is my first time doing claritin in like 4-5 years. It helps a lot as long as I actually use it.

If someone emails you on Tue that they will follow-up “within the week” do you take that to mean by Fri of this week or the following Tue?

If someone emails you on Tue that they will follow-up “within the week” do you take that to mean by Fri of this week or the following Tue?

You should send them an email asking for clarification.

yeah but what was inside
I did NOT open it, but based on the SENDER address/label I think it was likely some outdoor solar lights for their garden.

A month ago an Amazon driver mixed up packages between my house and next door neighbor on the same day and both of us opened them before realizing they weren't for us (and we both swapped packages with a little note apologizing lol), so now I double check the address label before opening anything.

To me, "within the week" is Friday. "Within a week" is the following Tuesday.
that was my thought. it was for my top choice company about scheduling next round. normally the recruiter has sent a link to select the time but since this likely involves travel and meeting a lot of people, I understand them needing to take time to schedule. but I do appreciate her letting me know I'm moving forward before hand.

I did NOT open it, but based on the SENDER address/label I think it was likely some outdoor solar lights for their garden.

A month ago an Amazon driver mixed up packages between my house and next door neighbor on the same day and both of us opened them before realizing they weren't for us (and we both swapped packages with a little note apologizing lol), so now I double check the address label before opening anything.
yeah we got an Amazon package in our mailbox for a neighbor that I opened before realizing it was wrong so just put it in their mailbox with a note saying sorry

Depends...?

My experience leads me to say if you're hearing something like this from a travel insurance company as you are seeking reimbursement of medical expenses, this probably means something like "within the next 2-3 months".

[eventually got them to pay, but sheesh]

yeah we got an Amazon package in our mailbox for a neighbor that I opened before realizing it was wrong so just put it in their mailbox with a note saying sorry
I felt sooooo bad until I realized my neighbor made the same mistake. Spent like 20 minutes agonizing over my apology letter 😂

When Alexa tells you your package has been delivered and a package of the right size is on your doorstep, it's easy to just assume it is yours!

Depends...?

My experience leads me to say if you're hearing something like this from a travel insurance company as you are seeking reimbursement of medical expenses, this probably means something like "within the next 2-3 months".

[eventually got them to pay, but sheesh]
true and when it comes to interviews they're usually way off on when they get back to you. "we'll be in touch next week" might mean two weeks or never.

I felt sooooo bad until I realized my neighbor made the same mistake. Spent like 20 minutes agonizing over my apology letter 😂

When Alexa tells you your package has been delivered and a package of the right size is on your doorstep, it's easy to just assume it is yours!
yeah

one time we got an Amazon package with nothing in the bubble wrap packet thing. just completely empty. that was fun trying to get processed. it's like I can't return it since I have nothing to return.

Back