• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: Meck Dec Day? More like Meck Meh Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men will literally go to a baseball game, get drunk, spill beer on other spectators, curse in front of other people’s children, and melt down when their team loses in the end, rather than go to therapy.
The one that slammed their beer and stormed out when we went up 4-3 was a woman!!!

Just spread a dump truck load of fresh wood chips over my kids play set area and with that, my list of high effort and/or terrible spring outdoor chores is complete!

Now time to sit back and enjoy this until it’s time to trim the bushes again in a month after all this rain…

Little Maximus wouldn’t do wedding pictures, so Tiberius stood in but Maximus did great as the ring bearer, so I’m calling it a win.
I love my boys and I’m proud of the little things they do that shows me they are growing, but today was the first time I got to see one of them accomplish something in public on his own. Maybe a two year old walking down the aisle of a wedding by himself isn’t a big deal, but I was nervous for months about it and the dude absolutely crushed it. No rehearsal, even when the flower girl faltered he kept going. Just an absolutely great feeling watching your kid do something you were nervous about. Also his little “I did it”’ made me know he was proud of himself as well. So many of their accomplishments are gonna happen together, so getting to see one shine on his own was a great experience.

I love my boys and I’m proud of the little things they do that shows me they are growing, but today was the first time I got to see one of them accomplish something in public on his own. Maybe a two year old walking down the aisle of a wedding by himself isn’t a big deal, but I was nervous for months about it and the dude absolutely crushed it. No rehearsal, even when the flower girl faltered he kept going. Just an absolutely great feeling watching your kid do something you were nervous about. Also his little “I did it”’ made me know he was proud of himself as well. So many of their accomplishments are gonna happen together, so getting to see one shine on his own was a great experience.
Awesome. How was he selected between the two? Better attitude/likelihood of doing it?

Just spread a dump truck load of fresh wood chips over my kids play set area and with that, my list of high effort and/or terrible spring outdoor chores is complete!

Now time to sit back and enjoy this until it’s time to trim the bushes again in a month after all this rain…

We have been getting quotes to have our yard re-mulched. It’s way more expensive than it was two years ago when we did it.

"In communist society, where nobody has one exclusive sphere of activity but each can become accomplished in any branch he wishes, society regulates the general production and thus makes it possible for me to do one thing today and another tomorrow, to hunt in the morning, fish in the afternoon, rear cattle in the evening, criticise after dinner, just as I have a mind, without ever becoming hunter, fisherman, herdsman or critic."

Grocery pricing is so stupid. A party sized bag of Doritos is on sale for a dollar cheaper than the regular sized, which itself is “on sale”

We have been getting quotes to have our yard re-mulched. It’s way more expensive than it was two years ago when we did it.

I get 10 yards dumped in the driveway once a year. Then have to refresh the playground chips every 3 years or so. It occurs to me that I put a lot of effort and money into constantly spreading various stages of shredded wood around the yard but the backyard becomes a total mud pit otherwise.

I get 10 yards dumped in the driveway once a year. Then have to refresh the playground chips every 3 years or so. It occurs to me that I put a lot of effort and money into constantly spreading various stages of shredded wood around the yard but the backyard becomes a total mud pit otherwise.

We got a quote for 15 cubic yards installed for $1200. We can get it delivered for $575.

So the question is whether it is worth $625 to not have to spread it myself. I don’t have a pitchfork or a wheel barrow but could probably borrow both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back