• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: Meck Dec Day? More like Meck Meh Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, my wife was there this morning while I stayed back with the sleeping bebe. She got a great video of the bobcats. Cougar is too damn shy rn apparently.
So the cougars were out by their house and we’re watching my son and as we walked away they started walking alongside us, seemed curious about him or wanted to eat him.

Wheredoesthemeagtgo.gif
Surprisingly, I didn't take any pictures this time. It was pork belly that brined for 8 days in a mixture of salt, curing salt, turbinado sugar, honey, and Canadian whiskey. We did half thick cut, half regular cut. It was unlike any bacon I'd had before, and was amazing. Ended up with about 7.5 lbs of bacon for $35 invested.

So one of my former colleagues at my old company allegedly embezzled and/or defrauded my old company to the tune of more than $800k. Could be more than that and they're still investigating, but that's what I heard on Friday. She was ultimately caught because she put a $35k stay at the St. Regis in Dubai last year for her honeymoon on the corporate credit card used for Board of Director expenses (which she controlled). She then forged a receipt from the St. Regis in Baltimore, which doesn't exist (had she used St. Regis DC she likely would have been ok since that's where the Board stays when they're in town). She somehow got her supervisor's password and submitted and approved without the supervisor ever knowing, but someone picked up on it later down the line and started looking in other past expenses and thread just kept getting longer and longer. Bonkers.

So one of my former colleagues at my old company allegedly embezzled and/or defrauded my old company to the tune of more than $800k. Could be more than that and they're still investigating, but that's what I heard on Friday. She was ultimately caught because she put a $35k stay at the St. Regis in Dubai last year for her honeymoon on the corporate credit card used for Board of Director expenses (which she controlled). She then forged a receipt from the St. Regis in Baltimore, which doesn't exist (had she used St. Regis DC she likely would have been ok since that's where the Board stays when they're in town). She somehow got her supervisor's password and submitted and approved without the supervisor ever knowing, but someone picked up on it later down the line and started looking in other past expenses and thread just kept getting longer and longer. Bonkers.
I am always amazed people get away with this for as long as they do, considering all the checks and sign offs required for business expenses, but I guess its usually the person who is in charge of checking and signing off on these things that ends up being able to do it in the end. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This is wild. I feel nervous taking the full per diem when the hotel provides free breakfast.

Yeah, and I'm over here realizing I screwed up a $68 expense report for mileage and jumping through a couple of hoops to correct it.

Yeah, the whole thing is crazy. Apparently they have found irregularities going back to 2016 or so. Before this all came out I was trying to get her to come over to my company. Glad that didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back