• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: reminiscing on our brothers and sisters who have forsaken us)

source.gif
I kind of get what he's saying and can agree just a touch. Tolkien is exceptional at crafting a world and a plot but sometimes his writing itself is a bit of a slog.

I kind of get what he's saying and can agree just a touch. Tolkien is exceptional at crafting a world and a plot but sometimes his writing itself is a bit of a slog.
Exactly. Look it doesn’t keep from reading them. I’ve read them all at least 10 times. Took Dr Woods “Faith and Imagination” class at Wake comparing the themes of Tolkien and CS Lewis.

But damn…

Hey guys, I really needed to get some work done this morning, so thanks for not talking about anything I felt I needed to weigh in on.

@mako1331 what is your favorite Keith Whitley song, OR favorite Keith Whitley tribute song? We lost Keith 35 years ago today, but his music still resonates. (I have an answer but dont want to unfairly influence anyone)

Last edited:
my dad is dying and I’m kinda overwhelmed with everything I need to do to prepare for that. Man this would be easier if I had a lot of money.
How would money make it easier? As someone whose father died unexpectedly, I think I would have preferred to have a little bit of lead up beforehand, where I could have spoken with him while he was still awake and make sure everything was setup the way he wanted, and we could have those conversations we never did. It is a terrible situation to be in my man, and I am sorry you have to go through it.

is the cost of a grave plot included in funeral expenses that are covered under life insurance? If you buy the plot before death, do you get reimbursed by the life insurance company?

My kids have this fun habit of frequently going to the school nurse because “something hurts” which is great because then I have to diagnose their bullshitting over the phone and then probably sound like an asshole parent when I’m heavily implying to stop this shit and go back to class by telling the nurse in very coded paraphrased terms to tell them to go back to class.

Don’t get me wrong if it’s a fever that’s a no brainer but if your tummy hurts a little then go fart or something.
I’m not telling you how to parent your kid, and I don’t know thier situation, but have you considered that there might be some kind of school related anxiety? As a dyslexic kid I used to go to the nurse before English class if I knew there was as going to be out loud reading in the class that day. Reading out loud was super hard and embarrassing so I’d be like, “my ear hurts” and get out of class.

Last edited:
is the cost of a grave plot included in funeral expenses that are covered under life insurance? If you buy the plot before death, do you get reimbursed by the life insurance company?
It can depending on the policy, there are forms you fill out at the funeral home and cemetery where you agree that the cost will come from the life insurance once it pays out.

Back