• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: reminiscing on our brothers and sisters who have forsaken us)

TWMom (almost referred to her as Elin, but bad vibes) took TWBoy out to the Wells Fargo Championship yesterday. Wednesday is "kids day" and my FIL is a hole captain, so they hung out/got pictures with Homa, Morikawa, Clark, Kuchar, and some others. Pretty cool for a 1 year old who will remember none of it, while I sat in front of my computer on 7 hours of conference calls.

Headed out there this afternoon at least and have suite tickets. Might see if I can set a record for $13 (but free) Mich Ultras consumed on a Thursday.

What’s the most cinematic book you’ve ever read? It’s gotta be Jurassic Park, right? Spielberg started that screenplay before the book was even out IIRC.
No Country for Old Men is way up there too. I felt like the movie that played in my head while reading it was pretty much the exact same movie the Coen's shot.

Which triple deac is the bad one? Bc there’s one of them trolling the hockey thread which is just great

My kids have this fun habit of frequently going to the school nurse because “something hurts” which is great because then I have to diagnose their bullshitting over the phone and then probably sound like an asshole parent when I’m heavily implying to stop this shit and go back to class by telling the nurse in very coded paraphrased terms to tell them to go back to class.

Don’t get me wrong if it’s a fever that’s a no brainer but if your tummy hurts a little then go fart or something.

I went to fast. I love the Hobbit and LOTR stories. My favorite books of all time…but masterpieces of writing they are not

source.gif

Also it’s not that I’m all “suck it up kid” but at the same time look we are not near your school, there’s nothing we can do medically for you and you should not miss school because your foot is sore or something. Lord knows we’ve been out enough for strep, ear infection, colds/fevers etc. The nurses office is the last resort not the first.

Back