• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: Meck Dec Day? More like Meck Meh Day)

Mother's Day is going to be awkward! MiL and FiL are mad at my wife. They up and left our youngest's chorus concert on Wednesday with 2 songs left. Wife texted and called and they wouldn't respond and haven't talked since, but apparently told the BiL why they are mad. This is like high school shit, man.

Mother's Day is going to be awkward! MiL and FiL are mad at my wife. They up and left our youngest's chorus concert on Wednesday with 2 songs left. Wife texted and called and they wouldn't respond and haven't talked since, but apparently told the BiL why they are mad. This is like high school shit, man.
Feeling this. My MIL is still pissed after the blessing out. Like she wished me happy birthday on Facebook(which I don't even have) but didn't call or text on my birthday(FIL did). I asked him if she was still pissed and he said, "ahhhh she'll get over it."

Ok, here is a completely hypothetical ethical question for you that will have no real life applications. Let's say that someone continuously dogsits his parent's ancient Jack Russell terrier while they vacation. This dog has no quality of life anymore, is completely blind and deaf and limps significantly wherever he goes, but his owners refuse to do the humane thing and put the dog down because they are so attached to the dog and also probably see the dog as a metaphor for their own aging process and mortality. The dog can only consume rice and chicken stock at this point in his life. Would it be moral or ethical for this son to save his parents the agonizing decision of euthanasia while they're gone on their 2 week cruise and go all Candy's dog in Of Mice and Men, and tell the parents the dog died peacefully in his sleep? Or what that condemn this son to the burning torment of hell for all eternity?

giphy.gif

Ok, here is a completely hypothetical ethical question for you that will have no real life applications. Let's say that someone continuously dogsits his parent's ancient Jack Russell terrier while they vacation. This dog has no quality of life anymore, is completely blind and deaf and limps significantly wherever he goes, but his owners refuse to do the humane thing and put the dog down because they are so attached to the dog and also probably see the dog as a metaphor for their own aging process and mortality. The dog can only consume rice and chicken stock at this point in his life. Would it be moral or ethical for this son to save his parents the agonizing decision of euthanasia while they're gone on their 2 week cruise and go all Candy's dog in Of Mice and Men, and tell the parents the dog died peacefully in his sleep? Or what that condemn this son to the burning torment of hell for all eternity?

call kristi noem

Do them and the dog a favor. That's the right thing to do.

Back