• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: Meck Dec Day? More like Meck Meh Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spirit of goodwill, I texted my mom this morning. It makes me sad that the last time we spoke she said “well I guess our relationship is over” after screaming some rather insulting things about me and my wife. It’s all mostly over how she doesn’t approve of the way I’ve raised my older child who has bi-polar and autism. But really she struggles with control and exerting her control over my life and choices. My dad then completely ghosted me two weeks later. My mom has reached out about completely random stuff since then, like she had dinner with friends from NY and wanted me to know that their son, who I played in an band with in high school, owned a restaurant in Manhattan. And she has been texting with my ex-wife to keep up on how the kids are doing plus mailing birthday presents etc over there. This kind of thing happens between us every few years but she is 79 and I think it’s really dumb that she is acting this way so I decided to send a card and a text, partly because of y’all’s encouragement. If it backfires I’m gonna blame you.

Thus endeth my therapy session.

I think I was in motion yesterday from like 5:30am until 11:30pm. Kid activities can really consume some time as it turns out.
one of those activities was attending an MLS game, so I think you're going to be ok.

It is Mothers Day, so naturally husband is doing a mountain bike race a couple hours away and I get to spend all day solo with the kids. So far we've had pancakes, FaceTimed with my mom, played a lot/the house is a wreck, and we've turned on Trash Truck. It is only 9:40am.

Separately, set an alarm to get up and try to see the aurora borealis last night, and saw nothing but totally jacked up my sleep. Bummed to have missed it on Friday night.

just a quick poll because @Kory says this has never happened to him

have you guys ever walked up to the wrong car in a parking lot and tried the door before realizing it wasn't yours
To clarify, I have walked up to the wrong car before I realized it wasn't mine.

I have never tried the handle because I check to make sure it's not my car before I try to get in it.

have you guys ever walked up to the wrong car in a parking lot and tried the door before realizing it wasn't yours
I've gone up to the wrong car in a parking lot and actually got in the back seat. Looked at the folks in the front seat, said "whoops wrong car", got out and walked 2 cars down to my friend's car.

I have opened the door and almost sat down in a car that wasn’t mine before lol

Not sure why this person left their car unlocked in a grocery store parking lot but yeah

Today I was at the park with the boys and saw a good looking red hound, so I go up to the owner and say “Mind if I say hi?” The guy thinks I mean to him and reaches out his hand and goes “Sure, my name’s Nick.” So now we are both standing there awkwardly as I have to tell him I just meant the dog.

So ya totally understand now why some of you hate talking to strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back