• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: reminiscing on our brothers and sisters who have forsaken us)

I will be there in about 2 weeks. Any tips? Supposedly there are some birds only found there so try to make @birdman jealous.

We did a day trip from Ventura to that drop off (Scorpion Ranch) with Island Packers as part of a celebration for my FIL’s 88th birthday. We were greeted with an orientation by a park ranger or interpreter just off the dock which I assume is standard, given the option of joining a guided hike (which I a couple of others did and would recommend as both beautiful and informative).

Using Island Packers was fine, not crowded (midweek) and big enough boat to allow great views while keeping dry, decent accommodations, a little snack bar with a few beers to choose from, etc.

The island was beautiful. Saw several Island Foxes, lots of lizards, abundant and beautiful island morning glories, a bunch of Island Scrub Jays, etc.

There are kayaks at that location but you have to arrange for rental before you go. If wanting to spear fish, there are better drop off points to plan on, I’m told.

pow-pow-punch.gif

the unfinished tales do devote some material to Aragorn and Gandalf's search for Gollum. i guess we'll get to watch gollum make friends with Shelob, too

can we de-age Vigo and get some hot Ranger action?

Glad I’m on the plane for the next 8 hours and can skip this upcoming nerd fest.

i mean i know serkis and jackson are involved but i am extremely dubious that a writing room can make anything great out of this. it's going to be more canon-extrapolation stuff just like Rings of Power

i'd love to be proven wrong, though

People that flip shit about shows not following their personal nerd beliefs about how things should be portrayed are the absolute fucking worst.

People that flip shit about shows not following their personal nerd beliefs about how things should be portrayed are the absolute fucking worst.
i agree

but this nerd believes writing should be good. the rest will follow.

See also: Andor, Fallout, Last of Us, LOTR trilogy, Rings of Power, The Hobbit films, ST: Discovery, ST: Picard, Obi-Wan Kenobi

i agree

but this nerd believes writing should be good. the rest will follow.

See also: Andor, Fallout, Last of Us, LOTR trilogy, Rings of Power, The Hobbit films, ST: Discovery, ST: Picard, Obi-Wan Kenobi
Did the hobbit films have good writing?

Back