• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: reminiscing on our brothers and sisters who have forsaken us)

Some of our group attempted to spear fish but not enough time and not great visibility. But collected a bunch of sea urchins we added to the fish we bought for homemade sushi…

IMG_1420.jpeg

Quite a few dolphins. Playful as usual. Plenty of sea lions in Ventura and out by the island. No whales, I think they’re mostly done migrating through the area for now.

We’re staying in Santa Barbara…gorgeous weather this week.
SB is awesome. Just a great walkable place with a lot to do. If I became a mult multi millionaire that’s probably where I would relocate.

Working for a UK based company, as soon as I login, I have to ramp up to midday mode for everyone else. Its 10 emails saying I need this or can we meet. I'm like dude, let me get my coffee and digest what I am walking into for a moment. Trying to schedule meetings and get people what they need before they sign off. By the afternoon its chill and quiet and I can do my work, but man I gotta say, its a bit of a downer to start off with. Also my kids decided to tear apart and uncrustable in the backseat of the car this morning and they go to a peanut free daycare, so I had to hose them off in the parking lot pretty good.

Working for a UK based company, as soon as I login, I have to ramp up to midday mode for everyone else. Its 10 emails saying I need this or can we meet. I'm like dude, let me get my coffee and digest what I am walking into for a moment. Trying to schedule meetings and get people what they need before they sign off. By the afternoon its chill and quiet and I can do my work, but man I gotta say, its a bit of a downer to start off with. Also my kids decided to tear apart and uncrustable in the backseat of the car this morning and they go to a peanut free daycare, so I had to hose them off in the parking lot pretty good.
Yeah my 8-10 am was usually booked all up (plus a full inbox) when I worked for the Finnish company. Then after 10 you start to get emails and meetings from Americas coworkers but more at a normal pace.

“Like, of course children who have nut allergies need to be protected, of course. We have to segregate their food from nuts, Have their medication available at all times, and anybody who manufactures or serves food needs to be aware of deadly nut allergies, of course, but maybe… Maybe if touching a nut kills you, you’re supposed to die. Of course not. Of course not. Of course not. Jesus. I have a nephew who has that. I’d be devastated if something happened to him, but maybe… maybe if we all just do this for one year, we’re done with nut allergies forever.”

Hey vote for the least shitty team name.
The most disappointing thing thing about half those names is how dope they would be with 90s era designers behind them. With the modern minimalist bullshit, they should just choose Utah HC and call it a day.

gm gonna go to the library of congress and do research during my workday apologies to Windy

Utah Powder could also really appeal to the remaining Cocaine Cowboys.

But Black Diamonds could really draw interest from Utah's thriving African American population, plus skiers, obviously.

I think I'm team Yeti. Think of the sponsorship opportunities!

SB is awesome. Just a great walkable place with a lot to do. If I became a mult multi millionaire that’s probably where I would relocate.

Yeah, it’s idyllic in a lot of ways. Brother in law lives on the Mesa about a block from the Mesa Steps and two blocks from the Douglas Family Preserve. Fortunately for them they bought their house decades ago.

Here’s from a little cave not far from where the steps come out on the beach…

IMG_1318.jpeg

Not 30 mins after I dropped off my son this morning that I got a call from the school director saying he was hitting and kicking the teacher and her, gotta get him. Got 3 interviews today, including one at 10, so I immediately called my wife to come home while I scrambled to get out the door. Halfway to school I get a text from the director saying he's calm, so I called her and she's like "you're good, good luck !"

But now I'm super wary that he's going to get sent home later. Of all the days for this to happen.

Back