• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: Meck Dec Day? More like Meck Meh Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree

but this nerd believes writing should be good. the rest will follow.

See also: Andor, Fallout, Last of Us, LOTR trilogy, Rings of Power, The Hobbit films, ST: Discovery, ST: Picard, Obi-Wan Kenobi
🔥🔥🔥 ST: Enterprise > ST: Discovery 🔥🔥🔥

rewatching it rn and the show overall is super goofy but i think it works really well

Phlox best doctor

rewatching it rn and the show overall is super goofy but i think it works really well

Phlox best doctor

not sure where in the watch you are but it's such a shame it got canned; the Third Season it actually really comes into its own once it figures out what it wants to be. I like the 2nd as well, but hate the season finale

i think trip and phlox are standouts by the end of the first season (where i'm at), t'pol is starting to get there -- archer is kinda wooden (which fits the context but is lame to watch) and malcom is way way in last place, his acting in the one where they get stuck in the shuttlepod is just absolutely awful (though he's kinda given the short end of the stick with character dev tbf)

yeah, as actingand characters they are some of the best. people hate phlox for some reason but I likke him; he's a better Neelix.

they all get a little better; and the male gaze stuff is tapped down a bit more as you go along. I actually really like Archer as a captain later on; he's still pretty wooden but it ends up working. Hate to say that no one ever cares about Mayweather.

i love the early space-faring stuff like "we're astronauts reecording for kids on Earth" but they sort of shy away from that aspect of the show

yeah, as actingand characters they are some of the best. people hate phlox for some reason but I likke him; he's a better Neelix.

they all get a little better; and the male gaze stuff is tapped down a bit more as you go along. I actually really like Archer as a captain later on; he's still pretty wooden but it ends up working. Hate to say that no one ever cares about Mayweather.

i love the early space-faring stuff like "we're astronauts reecording for kids on Earth" but they sort of shy away from that aspect of the show
agreed on Phlox v. Neelix holy shit fuck Neelix - Phlox just carries this gentle knowing joy that plays off the edgy knowing caretaker status of the vulcans - the scenes with Phlox and T'pol are a joy as two alien species with differing view of these humans progressing into space for the first time

the decontamination chamber feels so forced every time my god and it plays a role in like 4 s1 episodes but the first time is maybe the worst production moment in trek

agreed on the early space-faring stuff yeah i seem to recall that tapering as they get out of monster-of-the-week into a season long plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back