• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

I mean Rothstein is getting dunked on pretty hard about this by a lot of people. Not to defend him because what he said was stupid regardless, but he only said that the possibility was increasing of a 2 bid league not that he thought it would/should happen.

A 2 bid league is so far from reality that I don't think the ACC should even be upset when morons suggest it. What the ACC does need to do is fight against the idea that the ceiling for the ACC is going to be a 4-5 bid league moving forward, because that could seriously happen and would leave schools like Wake with almost no margin for error.
he followed up his tweet yesterday by stating the "facts" that while the ACC has done well last few tournaments, they haven't gotten as many bids. well, why do you think that is? media narratives matter, especially before a conference season even starts. tired of hearing about the goddamn Mountain West Conference. give me a fucking break.

and you think Greg Sankey would sit quiet if people were talking up the Sunbelt or MWC as more deserving than the SEC in football? fucking Jim Phillips needs to be shouting throughout the offseason and well into next.

and you think Greg Sankey would sit quiet if people were talking up the Sunbelt or MWC as more deserving than the SEC in football? fucking Jim Phillips needs to be shouting throughout the offseason and well into next.
I hear this, but it would also be utterly ridiculous to say that the Sunbelt is a better football conference than the SEC. Regardless of the year, there's just no argument that could be made reasonably, not even close.

Even though it annoys us that have been ACC basketball fans for 20+ years, the ACC has gotten undeniably worse than it was 10+ years ago. NC State winning a 6/11 game and then beating a 14 seed doesn't change that. I do think there's merit to the idea that the ACC's demise has been overstated based on the past few years of postseason success, but the ACC is no longer to basketball what the SEC is to football.

OK, if you think that the game that is dropped is against SMU or Pitt. Not so much if the game dropped is UNC, Duke or NC State. SMU and Pitt have to play someone. Can see the ACC sticking WF with them. No matter how many ACC games are scheduled, UNC and Duke are playing twice, and UNC/NC State are playing twice. WF is always the school that gets hosed when the schedules change.

A UNC game has already been dropped. Are you arguing that Wake will lose home and homes with Duke and State?

Your argument makes some sense for Stanford or Cal. Not getting a Duke game would be a big deal. Good thing they could schedule other blue bloods they never play with those two extra games.

Going to 18 is a no brainer, and I'd also like to see the ACC-SEC challenge moved to Jan or Feb, similar to how the SEC-Big 12 challenge used to operate. There seems to be a pattern of ACC teams being slow to start seasons -- the chance for the conference to put up a good showing against another big league later in the season would be valuable

Going to 18 is a no brainer, and I'd also like to see the ACC-SEC challenge moved to Jan or Feb, similar to how the SEC-Big 12 challenge used to operate. There seems to be a pattern of ACC teams being slow to start seasons -- the chance for the conference to put up a good showing against another big league later in the season would be valuable

16!

I guess the only prob with 16 is then you don't play everyone in your conference. Not sure how big a deal that really is doe.

Do 18 and have everybody play everybody, then have H&Hs for the rivalries (Cuse/BC, Uva-VT, Duke-NC, Wake-State, Clem-GT, Miami-FSU, Pitt-ND, Cal-Stanford, SMU-UL I guess)

Clemson was up 29-16 which sets themselves up for a perfect scenario for Clemsoning. Now 29-20

Did I just hear that Caleb loves credits did not transfer from unc to Michigan?
Good lord?

In light of todays news, I guess the question is "To what extent are we competing with Clemson for portal players moreso than Arizona?"

Amazing all the open shots have been missed in the last few minutes of this game.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Back