• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker | Spring Transfer Portal Open

Kern was (maybe is?) injured.

Do we know for sure between Kern and Bachmeier? Media and all that I've seen points towards Hank, but honestly I think I'd rather see Kern go out there.
That's because it's hard to point to the guy who's been out for most of the spring.

Kern has a hand injury. It's not expected to effect him in fall camp and I think he'll get most of the summer, but he was ruled out a couple of weeks ago. Here was Clawson's quote:
“You know, Michael will be fine. He’s been in our offense six years. I feel bad for him, but he’ll still be able to compete for the job. This is an injury that’s weeks, not months.”

Deacon Hill is fat, slow and has a rag arm... That said, his name is Deacon Hill. So, could he pult a Santino against a bad opponent like 2023 Pitt? maybe.

i'd be okay if they let him walk on

there cannot be a worse starting point for a potential transfer from a big 5 conference than "iowa quarterback"

Iowa's offense gained 3,123 yards last year, and their punter had 4,156 punting yards on 86 punts

The football field is 53.3 yards wide, so assuming they punted from the middle of the field, on average, the punter trotted 53.3 yards (halfway out, halfway back) on each punt...meaning the punter trotted 86 X 53.3 yards or 4,584 yards getting on and off the field. Figure he trotted up to the line of scrimmage after each punt for an additional 15 yards per punt...the punter trotted 5,900 yards and punted it 4,156 yards for 10,000 total yards of movement generated by the punter, or 3X the output of the Iowa offense.

some exciting football they're watching up there in Iowa!

Back