• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year's FB Team + Scholarship Tracker | Spring Transfer Portal Open

Will Towns has medically retired and is now working as a volunteer coach, which while disappointing does provide Wake with an open scholarship. That and more info on spring practice can be found here

Clawson is making some adjustments to practice formats. There are concurrent drills/scrimmages so more players will get more reps to assess who is ready to play/contribute. Hopefully, this will allow the Coaches to better assess talent and contribution readiness.

Did Clawson make any changes (new coaches or reorganizing the current staff, etc.) to the Coaching staff during the offseason?

How did he run drills/scrimmages before?

Clawson is making some adjustments to practice formats. There are concurrent drills/scrimmages so more players will get more reps to assess who is ready to play/contribute. Hopefully, this will allow the Coaches to better assess talent and contribution readiness.

Did Clawson make any changes (new coaches or reorganizing the current staff, etc.) to the Coaching staff during the offseason?
I do not believe there have been any coaching staff changes shockingly.

How did he run drills/scrimmages before?
I would assume like football has traditionally been done - 11 on 11 on one field with the 1s getting the most reps and dwindling reps further down the bench. With two practice fields, they can essentially hold two scrimmages at a time and get more film on folks at practice and everyone gets more live snaps.

That’s what I assume for scrimmages as well. Curious if the backups also got significantly less time in drills.

Glad to see him using the facilities to focus on building depth. That’s been a problem his entire time at Wake.

Sometimes it takes a while to optimize use of new facilities.

The clip from practice yesterday showed Clawson working directly with the QB's as if he was making a point that he wasn't going to get caught flat footed again. This was only a 20 second clip, but I think it was meant to convey that sentiment.

Also, if we truly do have an open scholly, I really hope that we put the full court press on SMU IOL Branson Hickman.

Spring Portal opens today. Do we have an accurate count on scholarships? We can move Towns to the list of departures.

Spring Portal opens today. Do we have an accurate count on scholarships? We can move Towns to the list of departures.

Updated. We had a potential grayshirt (Clark) who signed an NLI and ostensibly took Towns spot -- so I don't think we have any open slots. But I didn't go through it very carefully.

Last edited:
With the FB portal open, there could be further attrition among those that may not get expected snaps in 2024. FWIW, Penn State's leading receiver from 2023 just entered the portal; so, there will be a new (smaller) set of transfer portal candidates over the next few weeks.

With the FB portal open, there could be further attrition among those that may not get expected snaps in 2024. FWIW, Penn State's leading receiver from 2023 just entered the portal; so, there will be a new (smaller) set of transfer portal candidates over the next two weeks.
tennessee had a LB leading the team in tackles hit the portal.

With the FB portal open, there could be further attrition among those that may not get expected snaps in 2024. FWIW, Penn State's leading receiver from 2023 just entered the portal; so, there will be a new (smaller) set of transfer portal candidates over the next few weeks.

Can any of them hoop?

Do we know for sure between Kern and Bachmeier? Media and all that I've seen points towards Hank, but honestly I think I'd rather see Kern go out there.

Back