• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - The greatest words in sports, Game 7! Pacers/Knicks and T-Wolves/Nuggets

Hope you win big on the Wolves.
Don't bet much compared to many folks here. As you know, I'm more of an eye test guy, and they're passing it. Also, they'd have been the #1 seed in the West had KAT not gone down. And they just look like the moment isn't too big for them.

If the point of this exercise is an alternative Team USA, SGA is Canadian. He and Murray should be the Team Canada starting backcourt.

Jalen Williams should be on Team USA one day as the star role player.
Ĺol. My bad. Replace SGA with say Dame or even Cade C. Lamelo.

Yeah I'm curious if that squad can beat Team USA.

Here are the top 8 scorers from the 2021-22 Washington Wizards and their current team:

Bradley Beal (Suns)
Kristaps Porzingis (Celtics)
Kyle Kuzma
Montrezl Harrell (out of the league)
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Nuggets)
Spencer Dinwiddie (Lakers)
Rui Hachimura (Lakers)
Daniel Gafford (Mavs)

They only got two new 1st round pick from losing all those players, the 2024 #26 pick and a top 20 protected 2030 pick. The rest was players, 1st round pick swaps, and a bunch of 2nd rounders.

Here are the top 8 scorers from the 2021-22 Washington Wizards and their current team:

Bradley Beal (Suns)
Kristaps Porzingis (Celtics)
Kyle Kuzma
Montrezl Harrell (out of the league)
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Nuggets)
Spencer Dinwiddie (Lakers)
Rui Hachimura (Lakers)
Daniel Gafford (Mavs)

They only got two new 1st round pick from losing all those players, the 2024 #26 pick and a top 20 protected 2030 pick. The rest was players, 1st round pick swaps, and a bunch of 2nd rounders.
File this under missed opportunities or maybe missed connections.

Or gross mismanagement. Two late first round picks for six contributors to playoff teams.

look I hate amazon as much as the next guy. But is there much of a difference in which corporate owner (Warner Brothers Discovery vs. Amazon) has control of Turner Sports? WBD is a pretty odious company run by an absolute psychopath, so is it a big loss for culture if they don't have the NBA on TNT anymore?

look I hate amazon as much as the next guy. But is there much of a difference in which corporate owner (Warner Brothers Discovery vs. Amazon) has control of Turner Sports? WBD is a pretty odious company run by an absolute psychopath, so is it a big loss for culture if they don't have the NBA on TNT anymore?
it's a fair point and a more objective analysis says this is just chickens coming home to roost for the cord-cutters and the streamers

but in the macro, it's part of a trend where every little thing is segmented and packaged and sold, part of the financialization of every gosh darn thing we like

but ultimately, i guess it's us getting what we want: paying a la carte for the specific things we want to watch

i've always been curious about fines: how much do they weigh a player's salary in the calculation? do teams sometimes/often pay the fines?

seems like a very arbitrary application at times

Kinda late to post, but if the series is 1-1 or Denver is up 2-0, Murray is 100% suspended for Game 3.
Maybe so, but not sure its going to matter.

That said, if Denver wins on Friday and Murray is a big part of it, its going to be rehashed over and over.

I am curious to see how the Nuggets respond. Murray is clearly compromised, so I don't think the answer is that he will have a big game. Jokic is Jokic, but he was already playing well- I guess he could go supernova and put up something like 45/18/22, or something insane like that. Structurally, I just don't see much of a way they make changes due to the injuries and lack of trust in some of the young guys-Watson in particular.

Feels like if the TWolves keep up the intensity on D and Ant has another A game, they win.

Three nights off seems necessary to make sure there are two games each Thursday through Sunday. T-Wolves-Nuggets was the first Game 1 of the second round and Game 2 was right after the second Game 1. That series will still be in the first set of Game 3s.

Back