• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Two sweeps? Nine days with no NBA?

Yeah. Matches the Warriors but it’s its own thing.

OKC is a lot donkier than i realized

gonna be cheering for the Nugs-Wolves winner next round no matter what

Some interesting combine measurements.

Sarr is 6-11.75/224.2 without shoes.
Clingan is 7-1.75/282. He's a huge dude.
Zach Edey is 7-3.75/299 with a 7-10.75 wing span. He's a massive dude and I think taller than Wemby in shoes. It will be fascinating where they end up and how they're used.

Stephon Castle has been listed as 6-6 but he's 6-2.25/193 which is smaller than Isaiah Collier at 6-2/2.5/204.6 who was listed at 6-4. Sallis at 6-3.5 looks pretty good by comparison. He's super light though at 179.5.

PJ Hall is 6-8.25 with a 7-1.5 wingspan. Not bad at all.

Bobi is taller than I thought at 6-8.5/212 with a 6-11 wingspan.

How many expansion teams are they adding?

I've seen Toronto, Charlotte, and one or two other cities mentioned. It's well past time for expansion.

Damn that Castle height is disappointing. I was hoping he could play everything from back-up 1 to small-ball 4. Like a Jason Richardson.

Edey is one of those dudes who teams are scared to take for fear of getting clowned, yet everyone knows he is going to be effective, especially on a second unit. It is still basketball, that combo of size and shooting touch is tough to stop. Let the opposition's 6th through 10th best players hoist stupid threes while he just pummels them around the basket every time down the court.

Reed Sheppard is Tyler Herro.

Dillingham is Maxey.

Castle is Shai GG.

I say, try to grab Castle, if you can.
Sheppard had the highest max vert in the combine at 42".

SGA measured at 6-4.5, a good bit taller than Castle.

Those track as UK comps, at least as "poor man's" comps. The question for teams is if you want to try for even higher upside than that like Topic as a poor man's Luka.

Zach Edey is 7-3.75/299 with a 7-10.75 wing span. He's a massive dude and I think taller than Wemby in shoes. It will be fascinating where they end up and how they're used.

Stephon Castle has been listed as 6-6 but he's 6-2.25/193 which is smaller than Isaiah Collier at 6-2/2.5/204.6 who was listed at 6-4. Sallis at 6-3.5 looks pretty good by comparison. He's super light though at 179.5.

I've seen Toronto, Charlotte, and one or two other cities mentioned. It's well past time for expansion.
Those Castle numbers are wrong, Ph. The NBA actually took the whole stats portal down so that they could correct those. I believe he's around 6'5.

keep in mind that these measurements are without shoes, so you can add an inch to most of these guys' heights and it's pretty accurate.

PJ Hall posting a 40 inch vertical kinda came out of nowhere for me

Edey's stock is gonna rise imo bc he looked really good in those drill videos. Everybody knows that he can play, but he was hitting 35 footers and looking solid in agility drills. that's a difference maker.

Thanks. That's good to know.

There are too many elite to very good centers in the league for Edey to slip too far in the draft. I don't know if he's a starter, but he'll definitely stick in the league which is what you want in the middle of the 1st in this draft.

another kinda wild thing is that edey grew .5 inches last year

he was 7'3.25 last year and 7'3.75 this year. he's closer to 7'5 in shoes!

Edey will never stop growing. He will be 8 feet tall before his NBA career ends.

Back