• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Nuggets/T-Wolves Game 1; Cavs/Magic Game 7; Lakers fire Ham

27 point swing off turnovers is wild - Suns are so careless with the ball

CP would even out that stat, but he’d need to come on a vet min and Beal would need to give up #3 and Zeke would need an apology (not likely to happen)
isn’t it the other way around?

the Suns had a 27 point advantage on points off turnovers despite turning it over more?

The refs? Maxey got wrestled to the floor on that inbounds… curious no call.
Kyle Lowry misses the FT.

Then Brunson's prayer goes in, so Lowry runs down the floor, away from the ball, leaving Maxey to try and get open, while being double-teamed.

WAY TO GO, experienced 38-yr-old with a ring point guard. Way to man up and demand the ball late as a primary ball handler.

Bench Lowry. Or better yet, get 5 dudes on the floor who can play, not 4.

Kyle Lowry misses the FT.

Then Brunson's prayer goes in, so Lowry runs down the floor, away from the ball, leaving Maxey to try and get open, while being double-teamed.

WAY TO GO, experienced 38-yr-old with a ring point guard. Way to man up and demand the ball late as a primary ball handler.

Bench Lowry. Or better yet, get 5 dudes on the floor who can play, not 4.

According to the 2 minute report, Maxey was fouled twice on that play and the refs ignored Nurse’s timeout call before the inbounds.

i wanted the sixers to win, but i was glad they didn't call a foul there -- i'm pretty big on reducing whistles in the game, though

to me, the bigger error than any missed calls was the dumb challenge of the lowry foul that took away a timeout -- with that timeout in hand, they call it before the inbounds no question and most of this is moot

i wanted the sixers to win, but i was glad they didn't call a foul there -- i'm pretty big on reducing whistles in the game, though

to me, the bigger error than any missed calls was the dumb challenge of the lowry foul that took away a timeout -- with that timeout in hand, they call it before the inbounds no question and most of this is moot

Nurse did call it! It wasn’t acknowledged for some reason.

Embiid has made a HOF-level career off of baiting BS foul calls. There is no fucking way Philly fans can complain about bad officiating with a straight face.

I was fully against the Hornets buying out Lowry, as that jackass deserved to rot away on our bench for the rest of the season, not get to go to a contender. But, if him going to Philly leads to helping Philly implode and Embiid fail yet again, I'm all for it.

Embiid has made a HOF-level career off of baiting BS foul calls. There is no fucking way Philly fans can complain about bad officiating with a straight face.

I was fully against the Hornets buying out Lowry, as that jackass deserved to rot away on our bench for the rest of the season, not get to go to a contender. But, if him going to Philly leads to helping Philly implode and Embiid fail yet again, I'm all for it.
It's similar to the Lakers complaining about calls against Denver. Really? As posted earlier on this thread, over the past couple of seasons, the Lakers FT differential is three times that of the #2 NBA team. STFU. The Lakers always get the benefit of the whistle.

Kyrie was everywhere first half. Impressed with his game so far although the stats weren't amazing

Harden delivering a typical hot and cold playoff performance
Yeah I think ultimately this series will come down to Harden/Westbrook vs Mavs others. If Harden in particular is on, I think it’s hard for Mavs to keep up. On the other hand I think Lue rightfully is forcing any non Luka/Kyrie Mav to beat them. Unfortunately Mavs others play much better at home

Nurse did call it! It wasn’t acknowledged for some reason.
right but you don't even have to bother with the initial attempt to inbound the ball if you have the two timeouts -- you just call it after the made basket and it's done

it was a dumb challenge

Yeah I think ultimately this series will come down to Harden/Westbrook vs Mavs others. If Harden in particular is on, I think it’s hard for Mavs to keep up. On the other hand I think Lue rightfully is forcing any non Luka/Kyrie Mav to beat them. Unfortunately Mavs others play much better at home
I think of the Mavs as Luka, Kyrie, and some randomly generated 2K players. I will say they fill the floor with lanky dudes who have length.

Harden last year for the 76ers would drop 40 then crap his pants the next game. Seems like that trend continues. Nobody could buy a bucket last night for long stretches for the Clips and it’s not a great sign if Westbrook and Powell seem like the biggest threats down the stretch. This one feels like it could go 7.

I think of the Mavs as Luka, Kyrie, and some randomly generated 2K players. I will say they fill the floor with lanky dudes who have length.

Harden last year for the 76ers would drop 40 then crap his pants the next game. Seems like that trend continues. Nobody could buy a bucket last night for long stretches for the Clips and it’s not a great sign if Westbrook and Powell seem like the biggest threats down the stretch. This one feels like it could go 7.
On one hand I get your Mavs point. On the other I think this is the best team Luka has had

Agreed that this probably goes to 7

Herro got an offensive foul trying to force Boopie's signature backcourt move.

Back