• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Conference semifinals; Lakers hire JJ Redick?

yeah the game kinda sucks now. there are so many second and third order effects that can be tough to predict. i kinda liked an idea of moving the three point line back and eliminating the corner three.

the chaos idea i love is letting the home team set their own three point line wherever they want within some set of constraints
I think the first fix is to go with FIBA lane and get rid of defensive 3 seconds. Will allow for much more creative defenses

I don't understand why anyone would think mid-range jumpers somehow make the game better.
A friend of mine hates the NBA because "it's just a bunch of dunks and long 3 pointers". Ummm ok. Yeah the NBA should definitely fix that so the fans can enjoy watching.

A friend of mine hates the NBA because "it's just a bunch of dunks and long 3 pointers". Ummm ok. Yeah the NBA should definitely fix that so the fans can enjoy watching.
I still like and appreciate the mid-range game, but I also like treys, post play and dunks too.

the complaint -- at least the complaint from people that like/want to like the NBA -- is not that midrange jumpers are better

it's that there is little variety and get become too predictable/repetitive

the complaint -- at least the complaint from people that like/want to like the NBA -- is not that midrange jumpers are better

it's that there is little variety and get become too predictable/repetitive
When I watch an NBA game, especially pre-playoffs, it's to watch certain star power, and there are so many interesting teams these days. The 1 complaint I have is not the mid-range game but is teams that play too much iso ball. I remember Mike Greenberg saying a decade or so ago how he'd much rather watch OKC than SAS. And I thought you'd rather watch Durant/Westbrook play iso and have Ibaka hit the offensive glass every time down floor than the ballet?

When I watch an NBA game, especially pre-playoffs, it's to watch certain star power, and there are so many interesting teams these days. The 1 complaint I have is not the mid-range game but is teams that play too much iso ball. I remember Mike Greenberg saying a decade or so ago how he'd much rather watch OKC than SAS. And I thought you'd rather watch Durant/Westbrook play iso and have Ibaka hit the offensive glass every time down floor than the ballet?
i'd be curious to see the playset data from the league, but not finding it quickly

it feels like you see iso the most in late game situations

pick and roll sets see to be the most common by a lot

i'd be curious to see the playset data from the league, but not finding it quickly

it feels like you see iso the most in late game situations

pick and roll sets see to be the most common by a lot
Denver is so fun to watch on the offensive end. The other team that is really fun on the offensive end is Sacramento, though they need to improve on the defensive end.

A few years back, I was talking NBA with a friend who is a decade older than I am, and he said his favorite team offensively was the early 1970s Knicks with Frazier, Monroe, Bradley, DeBusschere and Reed. My basketball memory doesn't go quite that far back.

Yeah I was reading a mock draft the other day and the projected #1 pick's comp is Jaren Jackson Jr. Risacher was 3rd and his comp was Harrison Barnes and the next two comps were Cam Whitmore and Kirk Hinrich to round out the top 5.

Embiid is back. He’s been away longer than Townie.

Yeah I was reading a mock draft the other day and the projected #1 pick's comp is Jaren Jackson Jr. Risacher was 3rd and his comp was Harrison Barnes and the next two comps were Cam Whitmore and Kirk Hinrich to round out the top 5.

Yeah. I saw that. The Spurs have a good shot at the 3 and 7 picks. I’d happily take Harrison Barnes/Goran Dragic or Darius Garland/Hedo Turkoglu. Trade for a vet PG and let them cook.

I don’t get the point of a Cam Whitmore or Santi Aldama comp when we’ve barely seen their career but a lot of those comps were good players with long careers.

Tonight’s matchups make for an intriguing evening in early April in this boring ass league

Wemby on quad double watch vs. Jokic? Yes, please!

I wasn't joking. Wemby with 19/9/7 with 7 blks early in the 4th.

I don't know what you all are watching but this game between one of the best teams in the league and one of the worst teams in the league both missing their 2nd best players is a lot of fun. Several quick 11+ point back and forth runs. Wemby and Jokic doing their thing. Peyton Watson and Maliki Branham making nice plays. 101-101 with under 3 left.

Nuggets win by 5. Jokic with 40/16/6. Wemby with 23/14/8/1/9. As good as Wemby is, Jokic is like 3 tiers above him. Just a magnificent player.

Last edited:
Back