• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Draft Lottery - Top 4: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets, Spurs

Can't imagine the potential occasional stat line from Wemby in 5 years.
Imagine him with teammates who can make shots and defend the perimeter. His teammates waste several assists a game by not making open jumpers and finishing at the rim. Now opposing players won't challenge him at the rim because they can bring it back out or kick it out to teammates who can easily beat their man off the dribble or find an open shot.

Wemby has 5+ blks in a third of his games (22 of 67) and 20 of the 48 games he started at C (instead of PF). He also has 2+ stls in 23 games. He's only played 35+ minutes in four games this season.

LOL. Players have to learn how to play with him. And it makes sense that less talented players take longer to figure it out or have less skills to make the necessary plays.

Tre Jones is a good backup PG, maybe around a top 25-30 PG in the league. Wemby has improved significantly playing with him and they have great chemistry. A legit starting PG would help unlock Wemby's potential. That's why I think the Spurs will trade for one. The big question is who.

Sign Tyree Appleby.

He's playing for a French professional team right now (Limoges); so, he probably has the English/French language thing down. Considering Tyree made Marsh an unstoppable force with a 90% FG, Wemby would have 20 alley oop dunks a game, and as for Tyree's defense... You have Wemby Curtain surrounding the paint.

Just looked him up. He's the 3rd leading scorer for 13-14 Limoges. Not bad. Plays with Kam McGusty and Simi Shittu (Vandy).

I wonder if Wemby is somewhat of a primary donna and it runs his teammates the wrong way

The Hornets and Spurs are now tied for the 3rd lottery slot.

eating my post-trade words here, but the OG Anunoby loss seems to be a bigger deal than the Randle loss

either way, knicks team at full-strength would be a lot of fun in the playoffs -- loss for hoops fans

eating my post-trade words here, but the OG Anunoby loss seems to be a bigger deal than the Randle loss

either way, knicks team at full-strength would be a lot of fun in the playoffs -- loss for hoops fans
Yeah, Boston has to be rejoicing at not facing a full Knick squad and the Bucks losing to the Wizards and Grizz. Those were the only somewhat scary potential opponents. Milwaukee has to re-figure out their roster and get better defensively. And probably get a new coach.

Yeah, Boston has to be rejoicing at not facing a full Knick squad and the Bucks losing to the Wizards and Grizz. Those were the only somewhat scary potential opponents. Milwaukee has to re-figure out their roster and get better defensively. And probably get a new coach.
Should have kept Coach Bud.

Back