• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Pivotal Game 5; Celtics advance to 6th ECF in 8 years

Apparently Mavs and Clips are destined for Kawhi/Luka III (both came back from 20+ to win today)

We doing either a bracket challenge or a playoff player draft this year?

I know we have done both before

The Hornets are up on the Thunder at home in the 4th. The Spurs are beating the Sixers. Don't they know it's tanking time?
It doesn't really matter. This is widely considered the worst draft in history, so there is no doubt Silver will give the Hornets the #1 pick to "make up for" the years and years of getting flat fucked in his rigged lottery. Sarr's brother, come on down, woop-dee-damn-do.

It doesn't really matter. This is widely considered the worst draft in history, so there is no doubt Silver will give the Hornets the #1 pick to "make up for" the years and years of getting flat fucked in his rigged lottery. Sarr's brother, come on down, woop-dee-damn-do.
And Sarr's brother will then sit on the bench in street clothes with 37 other Hornet players.

2&2, I will be there tonight for the merciful end. Still would love to meet up if you come tonight and we both don't leave before the end of the first quarter.

And Sarr's brother will then sit on the bench in street clothes with 37 other Hornet players.

2&2, I will be there tonight for the merciful end. Still would love to meet up if you come tonight and we both don't leave before the end of the first quarter.
Doubtful I'll make it down there, I bailed on this season a while ago.

I am getting a little more excited about the draft, I would definitely take Stephon Castle after last night's game.

So are the Hornets going to hire Lindsey Harding? Figures a Dookie would be the first woman NBA coach.

I guess they could, though I think this is more PR spin to try to make people forget about Bridges' situation. If they really want to hire a woman, it would make more sense to throw a ton of $$ at Dawn Staley who is right down the road and played for the Sting.

I doubt most NBA fans know or care about the Bridges situation. Many barely know who he is.

I guess they could, though I think this is more PR spin to try to make people forget about Bridges' situation. If they really want to hire a woman, it would make more sense to throw a ton of $$ at Dawn Staley who is right down the road and played for the Sting.
I think if you were to hire a female coach it would have to be one with NBA coaching experience. The NBA game is just so different than women's college basketball. Staley is a great coach clearly but she would be in way over her head, even with a bench of NBA experienced assistants.

I doubt most NBA fans know or care about the Bridges situation. Many barely know who he is.
Charlotte area fans know about it and it has turned off a lot of them and caused some empty seats for sure. The Hornets have created almost no positive news in the last several years - with much negative - and are badly in need of something that endears them to fans somehow. It is brutal around here Ph.

Hiring Lindsay Harding could do that. But winning games with LaMelo actually on the court would definitely do the job.

Successful or not, hiring Dawn Staley would be a ridiculously effective PR move. And how much worse could she be than Steve Clifford or any of the other guys they've trotted out?

The coalescence of the surging popularity of women's basketball, Staley's recent undefeated season and national championship, and the first woman coach in the NBA coming back to the city where she played? I think it's meant to be and I'm here for it.

i have a bad feeling about what i just saw happen to giannis. like achilles bad

I hope you’re wrong. Team saying calf strain for now.

I didn’t realize the Celtics were 15 games clear of the 2 seed. Pretty crazy.

Shouldn't Mazzulla be getting some credit? I realize they have a great roster but still. Daigneault it seems is going to run away with it COY.

I assume Stevens will get Executive of the Year.

OKC has the likely COY, top 3-5 MVP, ROY runner-up, top 3 MIP, and for a time had a top 10 or so DPOY.

I remember the Wolves drafting Ant and I was thinking hmmmm I don't know about that guy. I think he might be a bust. " Good morning, Guitardeac Scouting Service may I help you?"

Back