• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Draft Lottery - Top 4: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets, Spurs

Damn, Finch the rest of the playoffs.

t_5239fa6b8ea34280b24e72c972ee4949_name_15b4c4d911f744879c69ce8c86c43452.jpg

If the Suns get swept, does that end the "Big 3" era of stars just making their own core and filling the roster with whoever they can find? The new CBA makes that tougher as well, right?

If the Suns get swept, does that end the "Big 3" era of stars just making their own core and filling the roster with whoever they can find? The new CBA makes that tougher as well, right?
i doubt it's the end, but you have to draft good players to pull it off

otherwise, you're just filling out a bench with minimum contract guys, and that's just not gonna cut it given how talented all of these teams are these days

which coaches stay on the floor after that?

i don't think thibs goes to the locker room

Yeah. I'm not talking about a drafted Big 3 like the Warriors, Nuggets, OKC, or even the T-Wolves who drafted two and made a big trade for the third. I'm talking about one max star bringing two other max stars who are expected to contend fo a championship right away.

"Think of how much time Minnesota will have until they play next." remembers the Nuggets will definitely win tomorrow night

Honestly, Lebron or KD to the Knicks makes a lot of sense next season.

It was kind of wild because the Clips were ready to roll over with a classic Playoff P disappearing act (though he was fantastic in the 1st half). That was a really wild game. Props to the Mavs for battling back. Props to the Clips for holding it down.
It was a great second half of basketball

I blame Kidd for the loss. Make. Huge comeback with Lively on the court and then you play Lively/Gafford a combined one minute in the 4th while Clippers score 20+ points in the paint for the quarter

Then again Clips shot like 65% from 3 so maybe that’s just a game you shrug shoulders and say on to the next one

Last edited:
Good lord I can't wait for Tuesday night at the garden. After all of Embiid's dirty ass play and whining we got Knicks fans taking over Wells Fargo, audible "Fuck Embiid" chants, and a Knicks jersey on the Wilt statue. Big Flagrant might not make it out of MSG alive.

Where does Brunson rank among Knicks greats?

He just had 47 and 10 in a road playoff win.
He's what we were praying Melo would be.

It's probably premature, but just holding the production constant he's top 10. I'd put him in the Allan Houston/Melo tier.

If this team somehow beats the Celtics and makes the finals, which is admittedly a big longshot, he's flirting with the top 5 for me. I'd still have him behind Monroe, Willis, Clyde, and Ewing. DeBusschere won two championships, so maybe him too, but Brunson being the leader of the team makes the hypothetical run more impressive imo.

Yeah. I'm not talking about a drafted Big 3 like the Warriors, Nuggets, OKC, or even the T-Wolves who drafted two and made a big trade for the third. I'm talking about one max star bringing two other max stars who are expected to contend fo a championship right away.
It’s definitely not the end of max stars bringing in other max stars

Suns are a unique situation of a new owner completely screwing over the long term future of his franchise by enabling an idol with a very poor GM track record (Zeke)

The Hornets are reportedly down to Redick and some no-name assistant from Boston as the finalists for the head coaching gig. We've hired enough assistants already, and they all have sucked. I really hope it is Redick if for nothing else than to be relevant for a change.

Tepper has been a terrible new owner but at least the Panthers weren’t that far away from rock bottom when he purchased the team. Ishbia purchased the Suns when they were near the top.

Both owners share the toxic new owner syndrome trait of being way too involved.

In pro sports, bad owners get away with being bad owners indefinitely and coaches automatically become the fall guy. Tepper recently doubled down and made the coach as well as the GM the fall guys. Ishbia firing 2 coaches in 2yrs seems inevitable, we’ll see if Ishbia fires the GM or if he keeps the same setup of GM (James Jones) with Zeke as the true ‘shadow GM’.

The Hornets are reportedly down to Redick and some no-name assistant from Boston as the finalists for the head coaching gig. We've hired enough assistants already, and they all have sucked. I really hope it is Redick if for nothing else than to be relevant for a change.
Counterpoint: the rest of us lose old man and the three

gotta say it's pretty fun watching guys like Ishbia and Tepper be so bad at owning teams

Better chance of happening tonight, Lakers staying alive, Pelicans staying alive, or Heat tying the series?

Back