• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Celtics advance, T-Wolves survive for now

Cap room is pretty meaningless under the new CBA as nobody worth a damn will hit FA. It is just for mediocre bench players and to take on bad contracts via trade.

That said, how on earth can the Clippers fit Kawhi, PG, and Harden together under the current cap? Plus Westbrook and whoever else is on the roster. And how do those salaries match unless they are counting both Morris brothers' contracts?

Cap room is pretty meaningless under the new CBA as nobody worth a damn will hit FA. It is just for mediocre bench players and to take on bad contracts via trade.

That said, how on earth can the Clippers fit Kawhi, PG, and Harden together under the current cap? Plus Westbrook and whoever else is on the roster. And how do those salaries match unless they are counting both Morris brothers' contracts?
Gotta pay Maxey

Who could they get?

is brandon killer actually good?
He has been the most deadly player on the floor at various times in the past two games. Killer handle, lethal getting to basket, and an accurate shooter.

Given how well Miller has been playing, we'd probably trade Gordon Hayward and his expiring contract to Philly for an unprotected 1st and some of those bad contracts they just got, if Embiid needs to feel like the Sixers are trying to compete. Sans Batum, of course. We would want no part of that bum again.

So the Sixers are only getting a 2026 protected 1st from OKC. OKC already has the Clippers 2026 1st from the PG trade and a top 4 protected 1st from the Westbrook trade. That 2027 pick swap should work out for the OKC.

Clippers would be great if the NBA converted to an over 30 three on three league, but don't see this as a roster that wins now, and their future is bleak.

The Clippers now have traded both their 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2024, 2025 and 2026 drafts.

They do have the 2nd round picks from Indiana (or Utah or Cleveland) and from Toronto in 2024. Good luck rebuilding the franchise with that.

Balmer must be counting on leveraging LA and the new arena into being a big time free agent destination. I wouldn't count out this roster if they're healthy and happy but the probably won't be.

Balmer must be counting on leveraging LA and the new arena into being a big time free agent destination. I wouldn't count out this roster if they're healthy and happy but the probably won't be.
But even with the lure of LA, no team can come close to matching the contract that the drafting team can offer for a big time player under the new CBA. The only guys who are going to jump ship are the third-tier players who get overpaid, or headcases that the home team doesn't want to keep around for whatever reason.

the clippers look really good so far

this roster could contend if healthy:
westbrook
harden
PG
kawhi
Zubac

Norm Powell. PJ, Plumlee, Mann, Bones off the bench

The Knicks' package for Embiid just doesn't get me excited if I'm Philly. Who cares about RJ Barrett and some picks.

Thunder would be an interesting landing spot for Embiid if they wanted to really push some chips in and go for it.

The Thunder will have to spend all those picks on someone. They can only be so deep with draft talent. I think they're good enough now to make the big move, but I'm not sure exactly who they should target.

Back