• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Conference Finals: Celtics-Pacers, T-Wolves-Mavericks

Huh? I think Luka has a slight edge over Embiid with Jokic 3rd but the Sixers and Nuggets are having fine regular seasons.

Huh? I think Luka has a slight edge over Embiid with Jokic 3rd but the Sixers and Nuggets are having fine regular seasons.
They're the last two champs and they're a few games behind the 1 seed each (although last I checked they were both a bit more bunched up and 2-4 than they are currently, I guess DEN is on a 5gm win streak). For a repeat MVP you need to be head and shoulders above the competition otherwise voters start looking for the lifetime achievement awards and give it to someone new like Luka.

Hilarious to see Kerr and Steph whining about Jokic getting all the calls.

"I have a problem with how we are legislating the defense out of the game," Kerr said. "We are enabling players to B.S. their way to the foul line. If I were a fan, I wouldn't have wanted to watch the second half of that game. It was disgusting. It was just baiting refs into calls, but the refs have to make those calls ... the players are really smart in this league. For the last decade, they've gotten smarter and smarter. We have enabled the players, and they are taking full advantage.

"It's a parade to the free throw line, and it's disgusting to watch."

Motherfuckers, that happens to you like twice a year when you play Jokic or Embiid. Plus, a lot of this is due with Steph flopping on the perimeter and the ridiculous "space to land" fouls which are often the worst in the game and clearly the shooter taking a dive. But we get that treatment every single game. During the abysmal 30-9 3rd quarter against the Nuggets the other night, any normal officiating slows that down and evens it out. But we get fucked on pretty much every borderline call, in all 82 games.

Feels like Drummond has been disregarded as a has been for several years but seems to have big games like this every few weeks.

Hilarious to see Kerr and Steph whining about Jokic getting all the calls.

Motherfuckers, that happens to you like twice a year when you play Jokic or Embiid. Plus, a lot of this is due with Steph flopping on the perimeter and the ridiculous "space to land" fouls which are often the worst in the game and clearly the shooter taking a dive. But we get that treatment every single game. During the abysmal 30-9 3rd quarter against the Nuggets the other night, any normal officiating slows that down and evens it out. But we get fucked on pretty much every borderline call, in all 82 games.
The Hornets had 1 point in the 3rd quarter with less than 3 minutes left. It was so bad that we started pulling for the Hornets to break the NBA record of 5 in a quarter.

Got to see Jokic in person last Saturday night - caught the game with my niece before going to my sister's house in Hendersonville. He fouled out late, but at least the refs didn't eject him in the 1st half, which has been happening too frequently. Jokic didn't shoot much, but he was solid and an assist shy of a triple double and had 2 sweet dimes. Hornets made it a game late and had a great dinner before the game, so it was a fun night. And Ish got a lot of run with Ball out.

All possible joy over rooting for a Timberwolves playoff run has been snatched away...

Arod will milk every possible attention dollar he can.

Barf.

Pistons up 1 on the Celtics with 6:55 left on NBATV. Pistons were up by as much as 21.

I feel like any Pistons game within 5 points with under 5 minutes to play should have some Aaron Judge-like tune-in on ESPN.

(Granted it's on NBA TV tonight, so that's cool)

Shame it's the Celtics broadcast though.

15 sec left. A Celtics 2 point lead is hanging on a long review of a very close goaltending call on Cade. Pistons ball regardless.

This may be the longest review I've seen all season but the Pistons streak may depend on it.

Goaltending stands. Bogdanovic follow-up layup for the tie with 4.6 sec left.

OVERTIME!

Last edited:
Did the ball hit the backboard on that goaltend call? Watching on mute. Fun game.

Happened to be in Santa Cruz today with the family, and saw that Alondes was playing in the G League game against the Santa Cruz Warriors tonight

Took my son and got him hyped.... Alondes had a great first quarter....... but then slapped someone after the first quarter buzzer and got kicked out

Last edited:
Going to Knicks-Magic tomorrow with a Knicks fan friend and my 11 year old son and his two best friends. Only my second Magic game.

Big game by Big Vic vs a depleted Blazers squad.

Last edited:
Back