• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Celtics advance, T-Wolves survive for now

Glad to see that Bronny James health is fine and thus he is medically cleared to play basketball. There's just one problem: there are hundreds of players that are better and thus more qualified to join the NBA than he is.

Lots of bad Denver takes a few days ago
I'm definitely in that boat - I sadly thought they were done. This is apparently only the 4th time in the last 25 years that a team has gone down 0-2 at home only to recover and win the next 2 on the road. The 3 prior times that home team went on to win. I'm primarily rooting for Denver because I love Jokic, but in the back of my mind I'm trying to figure out which of the 2 would be better against Boston.

And Indy should be up 3-1. They really need to finish off New York.

All four WC teams would give the Celtics fits. The Thunder would probably give them the most fun direct matchups since their lineups are similar. You could even squint and say the Thunder are a younger version of the Celtics.

Juice, you were concerned about the 4-day break between Games 2 and 3. I think that helped the Nuggets recover from the shock and helped them counter the T-Wolves.

All four WC teams would give the Celtics fits. The Thunder would probably give them the most fun direct matchups.
I still think the Min/Den winner takes the West. I know OKC has home court, but this is their 1st rodeo. Just look how much better the Wolves look this year compared to last year now that this group has gotten some playoff experience. Now go watch Dallas win the West, and I'd have to hold my nose and root for Kyrie and Luka.

Juice, you were concerned about the 4-day break between Games 2 and 3. I think that helped the Nuggets recover from the shock and helped them counter the T-Wolves.
the scheduling for this series is dumb

four-day break, then two one-day breaks with travel for games 4, 5, 6

to be fair, the Avalanche are also playing, so it's tricky scheduling in Denver, but it results in a dumb schedule for the series

It's not dumb to have Game 3 doubleheader, Game 3 doubleheader, Game 4 doubleheader, Game 4 doubleheader, Game 5 doubleheader, Game 5 doubleheader, and so on until the series end.

The Stars are also still playing and of course play in the same arena as the Mavs. That has to be a pain in the ass to schedule out.

Glad to see that Bronny James health is fine and thus he is medically cleared to play basketball. There's just one problem: there are hundreds of players that are better and thus more qualified to join the NBA than he is.
You say healthy, but somehow, he has shrunk 3 inches when measured at the combine and is only 6'1. That can't be healthy for a player who had been listed at 6'4.

I still think the Min/Den winner takes the West. I know OKC has home court, but this is their 1st rodeo. Just look how much better the Wolves look this year compared to last year now that this group has gotten some playoff experience. Now go watch Dallas win the West, and I'd have to hold my nose and root for Kyrie and Luka.
I don’t think they can get that far with Lukas injury but what do I know. They keep surprising me and have won a few rock fight games this postseason, which they have never been able to do before

I also hated the Kyrie trade. And as far as this year goes, he has delivered. Mostly because he has played and kept mouth shut. But I’m at the point where I’m hoping they run offense through him and not Luka until Luka gets healthy

I don’t think they can get that far with Lukas injury but what do I know. They keep surprising me and have won a few rock fight games this postseason, which they have never been able to do before

I also hated the Kyrie trade. And as far as this year goes, he has delivered. Mostly because he has played and kept mouth shut. But I’m at the point where I’m hoping they run offense through him and not Luka until Luka gets healthy
I don't like Luka because he's the biggest whiner in the league, and Kyrie because he's an anti-Semitic, vax denying flat earther who doesn't play defense - ##DukeEducation. That said, Dallas is a way better defensive team this year than they have been in the past, and I wouldn't be astonished if they took out OKC - though I don't want them to.

I don't like Luka because he's the biggest whiner in the league, and Kyrie because he's an anti-Semitic, vax denying flat earther who doesn't play defense - ##DukeEducation. That said, Dallas is a way better defensive team this year than they have been in the past, and I wouldn't be astonished if they took out OKC - though I don't want them to.
Oof.

Mitchell out tonight with a calf strain. Can’t see the Cavs recovering from that.

In fairness to Thibs, seems like everyone is getting hurt.

The three most consequential injuries for the Knicks are Randle, Mitch, and OG.

Randle has been out since the end of January after dislocating his shoulder during a hard play.

Mitch is out because Embiid is a dirty tripper.

OG is the only one I could maybe see coming from overuse, but he only played 23 games in the regular season with the Knicks and his usage is in line with what he's averaged over his career.

So I don't think Thibs contributed to any of these, but the reputation is hard shake even if it's not fair this year.

yeah it seems to me every team is gonna have injury issues at this time of year. Josh Hart seems fine.

Cavs threatening to have the lead at the half. Idk why I even post my thoughts about the NBA cause they are always wrong

just the combine but bronny looks like he might be a really solid role player, he had the second most threes of anyone and is really good athletically. i saw a gary payton ii comp that seemed pretty reasonable.

Place your bets here. Who will play more NBA minutes starting in 2024-25? Lebron or Bronny?

Back